Regular season 2024

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Sep 9, 2024.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Bucs 51, Saints 27

I see more than one observer/insider type saying Dennis Allen has lost the locker room, and after that second half yesterday, its hard to disagree. That was 1970's era level of bad on the Saints' part. What's most disturbing of all is the missed tackles. To give up the second highest total of rushing yardage in franchise history to a team's 2nd and 3rd backs is inexcusable. Bobby Hebert pointed out that the top 5, top 5! tacklers yesterday in terms of number of tackles, were defensive backs. The defensive line is giving us absolutely nothing, no resistance against the run, and absolutely no pressure on the QB without a blitz call. No point in rehashing the injuries on offense, Rattler was effective when they got him out of the pocket in the first half, so naturally they went to straight dropbacks and virtually no roll outs in the 2nd half, and Bowles made him look like the newbie he is. But there's talent there; will be interesting to see him with a healthy first unit around him, which I doubt will ever happen. The fire DA crowd is getting louder and louder, but I don't see it happening, not how that front office works. Certainly won't happen during a short week.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2024
  2. mctiger

18 players - more than a third of the roster - on the injury report yesterday! Craziest of all is Khalen Sanders added to the report...this is at least the third time this year a player has initially appeared on the injury report on the final day of the practice week, which is supposed to be just for walk throughs, with no contact and no pads. To say the staff in charge of making sure the team is physically prepared to play football and work through injuries is beyond incompetent is an understatement.

Throwback jerseys tonight. Seems appropriate...like Archie Manning, Spencer Rattler will be running for his life and have no weapons to throw the ball to if he survives.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2024 at 11:26 AM
  3. mctiger

Broncos 33, Saints 10

They've quit, I see no other explanation for that poor an effort.