Reggie Bush value to Saints astronomical

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by islstl, May 28, 2010.

1. 100%TigerBred

100%TigerBred Founding Member

yes he is injury prone that is correct. yes he fumbled the punt thursday. but. show me the td pass he dropped. I assume u are refering to thursdays game vs the cowboys.

2. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Its ashame the hatred for Bush...its funny to see the ppl at the game talk **** abt Bush and then when he does good the same ones Reggie Reggie Reggie

3. 100%TigerBred

i agree, and i also think it is all the hype that he came in w/ that cause it. Plus, his pay and I have said myself that he is over paid, but he aint the only one

4. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Yeah that'd be the one... he could've walked the ball in if he had caught it. That's not the issue though.
    In all honesty while he does add depth to the offense, he's only active half the season... not worth the money imo. But I bet ya peter smokin' carol would pay him to come into Seattle.

5. 100%TigerBred

that pass was no td, it was a first down but the lb was right there as he turned around.

6. tboy

tboy Founding Member

I did check the facts man. The facts are in the stats, less than 4 yards a carry and twice as many fumbles per touch as Deuce with exactly the same yds. per catch. For the all around back you say he is that is injured every season that isn't special. And Woodhead would fit just fine here. He is used in the same manner as Reggie. Why do these coaches have to make so many changes at RB? For the same reason we used Pierre Thomas, Mike Bell and Reggie in the same game when they were all healthy last year.

7. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

That's what I thought as well but then I watched the replay several times. It was an easy TD...unless Bush would've run backwards across the field pretending he's back at USC.

I still believe he's limited due to playing against weak Pac-1 opponents. He still attempts to do things he could do against UCLA, Washinton State, Stanford, Arizona, etc. Even the worst NFL team are still loaded with former great college players.

I wish he would mature from a college player to a true NFL player.

8. 100%TigerBred

i wasn't talking bush's stats. I was talking the saints stats w/ him in the game against him out of the game. And there is no way woodhead is used like reggie. 1.The off. are completely different. 2. have u seen woodhead return punts? i haven't. Then you compare two different backs in deuce and reggie and say look at their stats, but once again they were two different type of backs. I already said i dont think he is worth the money, but then again i dont think he is easily replaceable. Thats my opinion and i look at more than stats.

@PT i agree he tries to do too much when he has the ball sometimes, just like in college. I think if we put him at the slot wr for the majority and used him sparringly in the run game and he will be looked at differently because that is what he is a wr, imo.

9. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Woodhead could easily be used like Reggie in the Saints offense. Bush is not an elite return man. Bush averages only 8.0 yds per return and has 4 TD's in 5 years when he isn't muffing the return. Devin Hester averages 11.8 yds and has 9 TDs in those same 5 years. I only compared different type of backs because you claimed Bush was an all around back. But it only shows Bush's inadequacies because Bush isn't asked to pound it into the line on 4th and 1. So his ypc should be higher, not lower than Deuce.
    Surprise, I totally agree with your last paragraph. He is a glorified WR, scatback who's value to the offense is to motion out of the backfield and play in the slot. He is not a good RB. He is not a good return man. We can get another back to perform the same function if we target one through the draft or free agency. He is often a coward, preferring to run out of bounds rather than pick up more yards by cutting it back inside. His penchant for fumbling will continue because he swings the ball when he runs and does not protect it. Finally, he is the only man to be stripped of the Heisman, a moral compass of sorts to all collegians to follow. What is not to like?

10. 100%TigerBred

first i could care less about his morals while in college, and he wasn't stripped of the heisman. He turned it in. Also, if that is part of your problem w/ him then get rid of will smith, he was just arressted for dragging his wife down the street by her hair. secondly, you are stuck on reggie's stats, I am not looking at his stats. I look at how well the team plays w/ him against how they play w/ out him. But, more importantly how the def. play us w/ him vs w/o him. Bree's has more time to pass and more open recievers, because you either have a LB or a S on Bush. Not to mention you have less people in the box which helps everybody else run the ball. Also, don't forget the off were completely different when deuce was really deuce, than they have been since bush got here. Finally, your last post prove that your hatred towards him dates back to his time at USC and the things he did in college.