Reggie Bush value to Saints astronomical

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by islstl, May 28, 2010.

1. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Well, Reggie's value to the Saint's in the Dallas game yesterday was a deficit. Dallas couldn't have asked for better results from him in their perspective unless they secretly paid him.

Wait.

2. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Very funny.
    I have never been a Reggie Bush fan as I have stated on this forum. His play in this game was very typical of what he done his entire career. His negatives in terms of fumbling, negative yardage carries, drops, muffed punts, etc., do not make up for the few big plays he makes. More often than not he will not run forward, but backwards, laterally or out of bounds in an attempt to avoid contact. Watch how many of his runs end with him crumbling to the ground before anyone touches him. He is chronically hurt and misses games almost every season. And for all of this he is glorified as a great football player and paid 8 million a year. It is almost as if he made a deal with the devil.

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Reggie will be fine. He just needs to shake off some rust. Still, don't look for him to be a Saint next year unless he takes a pay cut. He's due $12m and it's highly doubtful the Saints will pay that much. If Reggie's honest with himself, he knows he doesn't deserve that much and will agree to renegotiate. I know that's highly doubtful, but no one else is going to pay him that much either. It will be interesting to see what happens.

4. tboy

tboy Founding Member

I, like almost all of the media, thought there was no way the Saints would ever pay him $8 mil, but they made that mistake too. I really don't think there is another team in the NFL that would pay him $8 mil. He is an overrated scatback who is afraid to lower his shoulder against even small corner backs. We could pick up his replacement for $1 mil and wouldn't miss a beat, but then again they wouldn't have Reggie's high moral character.:hihi:

5. 100%TigerBred

100%TigerBred Founding Member

I highly disagree, although he is not worth the money. I don't think he can be easily replaced. He may not be a great player, but he has great moments and the opposing def. have to game plan for him. Once he shakes the rust off, watch how the run game picks up. Which will lead to better play action passes and wide open rec. He may not be worth the 12 mil, but this team needs him.

6. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Any third down back worth his salt can do what he does, out run a linebacker in coverage. His career yards per carry are only 3.9. His yards per catch are 7.4. He has 14 fumbles in 766 touches. This doesn't include the several muffed punts. For a third down back not asked to grind out short yardage and who is just as likely to pick up negative yds as he is positive, 3.9 isn't very good. Compare him to Deuce who averaged 4.3 yds per carry, the exact same 7.4 yards per catch and had 19 fumbles in 1663 touches (more than double the touches as Bush). The myth that Bush strikes fear into opposing defensive coaches is just that, a myth. You don't have to run away from people to get into the end zone. Breaking tackles occasionally and taking the 3 yard gain when there isn't a hole is good for the team. Trying to break every play for a long gain and getting zero or negative yards acts as a detriment to the team, but it may make the highlight reel as an individual. When you factor in the negatives and his price tag, I don't want him.

7. 100%TigerBred

if that was the case then our off. would never miss a beat w/o him in there. Reggie is one of the most dangerous players in the game. Does he always work out, no. Ask anybody that knows about coaching and they will tell u that u game plan for the saints differently w/ reggie in the game. Look at the off. stats w/ reggie and compare them w/o reggie. I guarantee that they are better w/ him. So, i will say it again he might not be worth 12 mil. but he is somebody that this team needs. If he is so easily replaced, name somebody that would do it.

8. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Ever heard of Danny Woodhead of the Patriots? His salary? $395,000 in 2010. They threw him in after Kevin Faulk went down. He is better than Bush. Just broke a 60 yard run against Indy the week before last. Other backs in the league with good receiving stats: LeSean McCoy, Arian Foster, Ray Rice, Adrian Petersen, Jamaal Charles, Jahvid Best, Darren Sproles, Matt Forte, Frank Gore. We should have drafted or picked up a fast back last draft and said bye bye to the 8 million dollar man. Any decent back will do, just ask Bill Bellicheck (probably mispelled) and Mike Shanahan if you don't believe me.

9. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

For $8mil i'm sure we could find a guy who doesn't spend half his time injured and won't drop TD passes or fumble punt returns.

10. 100%TigerBred

woodhead fits the pats off. And only has the job because faulk went down. Plus, he is just a 3rd down back. reggie plays all downs, as an rb plus slot wr, and returns punts. Only one of the rb's u named is not a starter and sproles will be paid more than 8 mil this year. If any decent back will do why do both those coaches have to make so many changes at rb. I am not disagreeing w/ you on the fact that reggie is not worth 8 to 12 mil. I am disagreeing w/ the fact that he is easily replaced. U look at money and stats, I look at how the team plays w/ him to how they play w/o him. He opens the field for the rest of our players. Just check the facts man