Reggie Bush value to Saints astronomical

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by islstl, May 28, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

:lol: That is great. I read somewhere that the average career span of an NFL running back is something like 2.57 seasons. He has been playing and getting injured in the NFL since what 06? So this is his 5th season. He definitely isn't worth the money, and he is probably on the ass end of his career also. Especially since his weapon was speed and shiftiness, which is obviously not as explosive as it used to be.

He should not be back after the end of this season, unless he just dominates the playoffs and I don't see that happening.

2. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Give him the ball 25 times and say either dominate and show us your the man or make him quit. Let him prove he can be the feature back he is getting paid like. Last year he was dominate aginst zona and maybe if his feet are held to the fire he will dig deep and find that fire he had last year aginst zona

3. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Nice drop...$8M man. :nope:

You just cost us four points.

4. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Reggie just dropped an easy catch for a first down or touchdown inside the 5 yard line. Sound familiar?

5. 100%TigerBred

100%TigerBred Founding Member

damn thats 1 play, and there was no guarantee he was getting the td

6. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

At least he got injured so he couldn't drop the ball later on in the game

7. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Damn. I can't really defend Reggie anymore. I know he missed a lot of games, but I think he only scored 1 TD all year. One. Just one. So far, I would have to classify his career in NO as a disappointment. Even though I've been very positive about the state of the Saints, I kinda got that pre-2009 feel as if things just all fall apart after looking like it was going to work out. Sucks. I certainly don't miss this feeling.

8. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

please get rid of this loser! 8 million a year and he can't finish a playoff game? what a pussy.

9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I think it's safe to say he's played his last game as a Saint; unless he agrees to a minimum contract full of incentives; which he won't.

10. tboy

tboy Founding Member

God, please let it be so!!!:redface: You once said you trusted Sean Peyton's judgement to bring back Reggie more than mine. This just in---he was wrong. The bad part is that we may have been able to get something for him after the Super Bowl win from G.M.'s and owners that were foolish enough to pay his salary. Now I don't see any team, owner, or coach, including Al Davis or Pete Carrol who will give us anything.
    The good news is the draft just got more exciting. :lol: The odds that we will take a RB just increased significantly. As I said in earlier posts, the ability to find starting RB's cheaply has become more common in the NFL and we have Ivory and Thomas to prove it, but almost everyone gets excited when you grab a high profile guy. I look forward to the NFL draft thread I know someone will be starting.