Reggie Bush sued for nearly $300K he recieved while playing at USC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TenTexLA, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Maybe student athletes should be paid to play college ball providing that each institution has a salary cap and a conference championship game!:hihi: :)

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

It doesn't matter, you pay an athlete $1,000 a month and an agent will offer them $10,000 or in Bush's case a few hundred thousand.

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Likewise, show me where Bush accepted that money. If Lake has had this proof, why has he been sitting on it for over 4 years now? He's hardly the picture of a good citizen, just someone out to make $$$$. Seems to me that Lake could make twice the amount he's asking for if he provided said proof to a tabloid or even website, like say, Yahoo!? And to be clear, if the proof does come out, I'll be the first to condemn RB and admit my own idiotic naivete.

I believe the Griffin's did wrong and I've said so (it's hardly a mansion BTW). And I still believe that the University did not have knowledge of it.

1 person likes this.
  4. Speedy G

Speedy G Founding Member

No, an LSU coach was being offered cash to convince the player to sign with a particular agent. So, you are going to have to find another way to insinuate that LSU players were paid to enroll.

5. yi ni

yi ni Founding Member

Its not surprising that SC has no standards. After all, this is the same school that welcomed OJ to its practice.

6. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

Where there's smoke there's fire. No pun intended USC fans. You break the rules you pay the price. It doesn't matter what school it is.

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Sure it does, when it's LSU, we take a "Wait and see" approach. When it's other schools, that's when we assume the position of "They must be guilty or wouldn't be hearing these rumblings". :wink:

BTW, with that kind of thinking, I hope you're never on a jury. :lol:

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Since you did little more than read the headline, let me tell you what REALLY happened. Prior to the Orange Bowl, RB Justin Fargas (a long time family friend of OJ) invited OJ to a practice without telling the coaches. Once he showed up the media swarmed and the players wanted to see and talk to him. PC thought it would create more of a distraction to have him removed from practice so he was allowed to stay for a brief period.

He has NEVER been back to practice nor to ANY USC event before that or since. The school did not and will not welcome OJ.

9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

It's been almost a year, maybe more, since I've talked with anyone about this.

There is a group in the Mobile area that has had an application in and they are working towards becoming a sports agency. They were trolling different schools around the SE.

No need to go into names here...but, the runner stories and the involvement with agents on campuses around the SE is a valid story.

10. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

I was, we ruled against the medical insurance company. Gave the guy all his medical bill's paid, 120K, and an extra 100K for pain and suffering. His attorney wanted millions. I dislike insurance company's and lawyers for obvious reasons. Of course I have to use both. :grin:

1 person likes this.