Red or Blue

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by GiantDuckFan, Aug 25, 2017.

?

Politically, generally speaking,.. what do you see yourself as

1. extreme left

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. left

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. moderate left

15.8%
  4. moderate

5.3%
  5. moderate right

26.3%
  6. right

31.6%
  7. extreme right

10.5%
  8. other

10.5%
  1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I can't agree with you that the majority doesn't need protection or that they protect themselves. Read Jefferson carefully. He said EQUAL rights. That means equal for both individuals and groups, not one over the other.

Case in point....white males have been the majority. For the last couple years they have been the point of blame and are being assailed on a regular basis. How have they been doing at getting protection or protecting themselves? The last I checked, it's taken them further down the rabbit hole and more cries of racism.

The "majority" is not a definitive evil nor does it always operate at the minority expense. Congress is the minority of the populace... they don't need a bigger club but we the people could sure use a bigger shield.

tirk likes this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It's all good, I fully understand it's hard for people to see them as anything but trannies, or mental cases, or fill in the blank, especially here. Not saying that's you, I just think it's one of those things that people don't really grasp until a loved one comes out. And I really don't think anyone here believes that they should all just go be persecuted or thrown on Staten Island to live out the rest of their days, except maybe 1. I honestly think people feel that when others ask for equality that somehow whomever is asking is trying to throw their lifestyle or beliefs in their faces and that's really not the case. And then for others it's nothing more than a wedge issue. I think if anyone here, save TigerFan's Voldemort, met my sister and actually had a conversation with her they may feel a little different about trans people, or maybe that's also unfair because I've met quite a few trans people, none as successful as my sister and none as nonchalant, but from day 1 she has had nothing but support from her family and friends and her job. A lot of trans men and women don't get that love and support. Can't imagine what it would be like to be gay or trans and my family and everyone around me just disowning me, telling me to fuck off, you're no son of mine faggot, or you fucking shim. I would imagine that would be pretty rough

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  3. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

fuck, you're arguing bullshit, both your analogies have nothing to with my post which you responded to,.. you've left the track and headed cross country on your own. Now go away, before you piss me off.

tirk likes this.
  4. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Sonetime it is. It seems that its not enough to agree that you should be able to live your life the way you see fit. think most people don't care what you do in your own personal life, but don't want to be brought into that lifestyle. I fit into that mold.

5. GiantDuckFan

This is what I said, "The right's of the majority don't need protection, the right's of minorities do",.. "minority opinions and beliefs have to be protected from the trampling feet of the majority". I was not talking about ethnic minorities, not ethnic minorities, not ethnic minorities. My thinking was about protecting religious freedom and freedom of speech.

6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Getting a little pissy this afternoon there Duck. Go smoke a joint with LaSalle calm down and read some Thomas Soule. As far as me cowering in fear cause you may get pissed at me I will try not to shake with fear and hide in the closet.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Them living their lives and wanting to be treated equal in my opinion isn't throwing it in other people's faces. It's like the whole gay thing. It almost feels like people think that just because they want equal rights that others feel like they are being forced to turn into homosexuals. And most of it comes from religious organizations, or people who cite religion as an excuse. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. These are people who consistently throw their beliefs in everyone's faces and expect special treatment and protection and for the most part it's given without question including tax exemption for churches and religious organizations, and really no one ever questions that, but if your religious beliefs make you feel like you should be allowed to discriminate, I'm sorry, you need to get over it. You aren't going to burn in hell for allowing a homosexual to work for your company or get married. And it's especially hypocritical coming from the Catholic Church who has had numerous priests that are pedophiles and they covered it up, or Islam when they do shit like honor killings and treat women like they are dogs. I often think of John Lennon's song imagine, and I imagine a world with no religion. I mean honestly if you are person that can't be a decent human being without a book telling you to do so, I think you're fucked up.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  8. GiantDuckFan

I'm sure you're right,.. she's lucky to have you. This isn't an issue I've thought about much, I was talking about group politics,.. still, my gut tells me I've been wrong.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  9. GiantDuckFan

I don't care, just stop pestering me.

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I know what you said....despite my hair color, I ain't stupid. And I still vociferously disagree. The rights of the majority need as much protection as anyone else. Equal under the law.