Reality Check

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Pennsylvania, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Good points 420. Many complain about our lack of passing but it is INEFFECTIVE passing that haunts us. Critical drops halted drives (or the beginning of them) coupled with bad field position after our 1st drive we played cautious.

Injuries have hampered the line play though I really think pass blocking improved this week and I see good potential in V Alexander and T THomas. Then the double whammy of looseing Minter & Kwon one after the other gave the turds a score.

The test of the team and the coaches is to over come these challenges and how they do it will tell us what sort of team Les has put together.

TigerTap likes this.
  2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

We lack passing bc it's never been our priority. Even Jamarcus didnt eclipse 300 yards but twice and notre dame shouldn't count.

It's not by accident. its who we are. Hilarious people are still blaming everyone else involved. Same script different characters There's only one constant.

We do not develop qbs or have a consistent passing game. We use 5 running backs and fullbacks and blocking tight ends. Just accept it. Well until this week once les feels the pressure about the loss and putrid gameplan he will open it up some.

But it's only temporary. So don't get too excited.

Kal-El012 likes this.
  3. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

South Carolina's D has only allowed 6 TD in 6 games, Bama's D has allowed 5 TD in 5 games, meanwhile LSU has allowed 10 TD in 6 games

4. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I hope we step all over the Cocks, but I sense SC is deep good this year. They are, I don't know, kind of "no brag, just facts."

Geaux Tigers

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Right. THEY are who I thought WE were. How did that happen. Im gonna predict an LSU win bc we are coming off a loss and the players naively think we still control our own fate. We will find a way.

fanatic likes this.
  6. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

That's why I started the Armand Williams thread. There's another guy, Freshman, Dural, who's 6'2.

If I were the WR coach, I'd be working up Williams fast. We need a tall receiver who has reach, and can go up for the ball. Beckam is good... but needs to learn to protect the football. Boone needs to ride the pine for awhile with his hands soaking in oil or something until they soften up a bit. Landry is ok, but didn't catch a pass yesterday.

Both of the TE's caught their passes [both 6'5], ... I really don't see why we don't use them more.

Like I said in the other thread, the "midget squad" is not going to cut it. Essentially we have a bunch of slot backs playing WR. It'd be another thing if they had blazing speed. Shepp comes to mind on this one .. he's fast as hell and should be used more, and he's been doing better on his catching of late. But .. me personally, I'd be using Shep in some cross up running back stuff like that run against Townsen. Ware and Hilliard are good power backs, but they have practically zero moves. Ford's a different story.

7. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

Watching that first drive ... I was like damn our office is finally moving. Yes a penalty helped out at one point, but until we got to about the 30 we have our way with them. From that point on, it seemed like Florida knew every single play we would run. It was definitely a reality check ... a gut wrenching reality check.
    I tried to remain hopeful, but for the first time in awhile I actually did not think we would win. Even near the end of the BCS game last year I was like ... hey TM might make an amazing play etc etc. I kicked my coffee table hard enough for it to do two flips before landing upside down and now have an amazingly nice bruise on my foot for my efforts.

I still have hope that this team can find it's identity, and I think if we do. If we see the Mett that was at the spring game, if our playbook opens up ... we can still beat anyone in the country, let's see it happen GEAUX TIGERS!

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I mentioned last week that we needed to run 2 tight ends, and not only block, chip block and fall off as check downs. Both tight ends, Clement and Jacobs are tall and can catch the ball. It doesn't make sense to me that a guy who was an offensive lineman in the big ten doesn't utilize the tight end more.

9. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

No doubt. Having two TE in the game would do a lot to help the pass blocking, IMO. It would buy the tackles some time pick up the end around blitz ... and as you said, it would give Mett two relief guys .. no make that three relief guys that the LBs would have to worry about, thus decrease the LB blitz as well.

Given CLM's style of offense, I'm surprised we haven't been using double TE's all along. You'd still have two WR lined up to occupy the corners in a single back set. .. and the DE's would spread a bit to line up against the TE's, thus, theoretically, soften up the middle a bit. At leas the "big guys" would be spread out a little more.

10. Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania Go easy on me

Any chance LSU opens this week's game with a double reverse flee flicker?