Real ID....better get one

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscvball, Sep 23, 2015.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

"If you happened to be a resident of New York, New Hampshire, Minnesota, Louisiana, or American Samoa.

The reason: At some point in 2016—the precise date hasn't yet been announced—driver’s licenses from those states will no longer be considered sufficient to clear airport security and board an airplane.

This new policy is a result of the Real ID act, passed by Congress in 2005 as a counterterrorism measure to standardize the reliability and efficacy of personal identification. Unfortunately, the driver’s licenses of that handful of states did not make the cut, failing to provide enough security features in the cards themselves or enough verification of identity and immigration status in the application processes."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/new...ou-live-in-these-states/ar-AAezIvd?li=BBgzzfc

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Typical that our state legislators would allow this to happen. I've heard Arizona has lifetime ID's. How pathetic are ours in Louisiana if it's less secure than a lifetime ID.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You can get a lifetime I'D card in Louisiana if you are 65 or over but it's not a driver's license

4. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Yeah. I bet the feds won't extend the deadline like they have every year since 2005.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

So California has the Real ID and so they know exactly what the status is of every illegal alien when they apply yet the give them drivers licenses anyway.

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

All I can tell you is apparently CA has met the standard as required by the Act and Homeland Security. What CA has is a license for illegals that looks like this....
    [​IMG]

Notice the upper right hand corner where it says "Federal Limits Apply".

The alternate option.....
    [​IMG]

Did not pass the state legislature.

el005639 and Tiger Exile like this.
  7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Lol, what she is saying is that certain states ID's well 47 of them put you through enough shit to where it's really hard to fake them.

Remember the old Louisiana ID's the flimsy ones with the red and blue backdrops? We used to take a razor blade, cut the number off the birthdate, take a telephone book and a piece of scotch tape, put the scotch tape over a number in the phone book, then transfer the scotch tape to the ID and relaminate it to make fake ID's. Before computers I even took in my cousin's birth certificate and social and had my picture with his info on a drivers license, all so we could buy alcohol at 16 years of age. Doesn't surprise me Lousiana doesn't do enough to fit whatever security requirements the government deems appropriate.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Love the signature