News Reaching out to Herman and Briles?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU Strength, Sep 25, 2016.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Experience would be a good start. On that we are all of one mind. I also think we are pretty close to aligned in moving away from a solely OC/QB mindset. And frankly, we need someone with no prior ties to USC (except maybe Del Rio) and no prior ties to Carroll.

A huge piece of frustration is stemming from the absolute destruction of potential at the hands of Pat Haden. He was nothing but a greedy shill for President Nikias and the BoT. The ugly truth is that Nikias and BoT want a top-10 academic school that brings in the same amount of money as a Stanford or Harvard. If the football team does well, great. If it doesn't oh well.

Really? Every conversation that was had needs to be buried. How many Trojan fans knew that Sardrunkian was a pill popping alcoholic man-whore? He was NEVER going to be more successful (or successful at all) with a private life that was in a downward spiral and that would eventually mesh with his professional life.

2. seabrookcajun

seabrookcajun Founding Member

Yep. My UH co-workers are already upset. Herman is a great coach and recruiter. He's popular with the Houston area high school football players. He would make a huge impact in Houston recruiting for LSU.

3. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Might USC go after Chip Kelly? Seems like a good fit for you guys.

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Fans are divided over that one. I'm pretty sure Oregon fans would get wobbly in the knees if it were to happen. For me....I do not want.

But to your question, I don't think our President has the ball sack to hire someone of his experience or attitude. If he can't be managed, little Maxie doesn't want him.

5. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

They are squealing like typical group of whiny small school fanboys. Refusing to acknowledge that every good coach they have had has left the program and that Tom Herman is some how "different".

6. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

It could be different with Herman. With Sumlin and Briles UH was never as good as they are now with national rankings and a potential playoff opportunity and the possibility of UH being voted into the Big 12 in October.

Recognition nationally and moving into a P5 conference were things Sumlin and Briles didn't have a chance at. Sure they were recognized as good coaches playing in a lesser conference with a chance to play decent bowl games, but there was never the possibility of that team playing for a title or potentially moving into the Big 12.

7. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I think UH becoming a powerhouse is a longshot. Just one of those, believe when I see it type things. I also get to see all the bandwagon fans in Texas jump ship. I'm in the thick of it here in Houston and its great!

8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Change the names, subtract the BOT, and you have the era of Bockrath and Sorenson at UA which led to DuBose being given the job.

Eerily similar.

9. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Note my reply somewhere!

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

What was your reply?