News Reaching out to Herman and Briles?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU Strength, Sep 25, 2016.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

That answers @el005639 question about three for three. I forgot about Schnell winning in the early 80's leaving with with him, then Johnson and Erickson .... three successive coaches with NC's in each tenure.
    Sort of. Tennessee fans were not wanting to get rid of Kiffin when he left for USC. It was quite the opposite.

I'm not sure USC fans know what they want right now other than something new. It has been interesting seeing them talk about Kiffin, then talk about how much better Sark was going to be (and then is.) Yet, in the end, who ends up with a better W/L record as a head coach?

USC:
    Kiffin - .651
    Sark - .583

In my opinion, I don't think either are ready for the HC title yet.

2. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Good points. I guess I'm not a fan of Fisher and feel like Kiffin has changed a bit. I agree with everything you said about him. I also don't want him. I just think Fisher is very overrated. He was growing stale while here. Also he won at FSU with Winston, one of the better college QB's we've seen over the years. Look at this year, not so impressive.

I'm honestly starting to fear this whole process. Alleva clearly doesn't know what he is doing. I fear him botching any of the top candidates out there, especially Herman.

I just hope Coach O does really well, allowing him to get the opportunity.

3. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

I'm thinking Coach O with a dynamic young OC could be a good thing. Keep stability in the program and fix what's broken. Simple and probably save some $$$ in the short term.

TCUTiger likes this.
  4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

AA
    DITTO for me.

5. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

It is a fair point about Jimbo having Winston when they wont the title. I've considered that as well. I've also considered his offenses were a little vanilla at LSU, but we all know a lot of that had to do with Saban and Miles. I think with the right QB he broadens his play book. Also I think Jimbo has some focus on the defense, having been under Saban and having a good defense at FSU. Granted the Defense has not looked good this season. So I will agree there is a risk with Jimbo.

I think he is a much less risk than Kiffin. I'm not willing to give Kiffin the keys to this program. He has shown complete ineptness in running a football team.

6. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

More than anything Kiffin is a whinny douche bag which is crazy because he has no right to be. He has sucked dick as a head coach. I want him nowhere near our head coach seat.

TCUTiger likes this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

ND is who we have to look out for. They might be the winner of the Herman sweepstakes

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    HalloweenRun likes this.
  8. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

He is an unbelievable recruiter. Which has always confused me, due to his complete lack of charisma.

I think he's in his perfect role, with recruiting duties and the ability to send in his unique plays on offense. Every chance he's had to be the leader of a team, he's fudged up.

9. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

UH fans are shaking in their boots here in Houston. Hating at an all-time high looking for every pathetic reason to dog LSU to make the UH job more glamorous.

Can you feel it? So many fan bases are terrified of the 800 pound gorilla LSU is about to become again.

10. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

ND, Penn State, Oregon, even Oklahoma (although a stretch) could be in the mix by season's end.