News Reaching out to Herman and Briles?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU Strength, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

O as HC Aranda as DC Briles as OC?

2. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

I was thinking maybe ND but they had 3 with 4 also back in the 30s and 40s

3. GoBlue88

GoBlue88 Veteran Member

So long time since I stopped by :) seems your days arn't going quite as good as ours are sadly. We will beat the hell out of Wisc for you this week though :). Anyways Stopping by to wish you luck in your search and to say I hope you stay as far away from Tom Herman as humanly possible......

As with the last time I stopped by Story time :p.
    2007 Michigan Fires ones of the Winningest coaches in its history A man who brought us a Title and Multiple conference titles. We fired him because He has become Mediocre and stuck to his old ways. (lloyde carr and Les Miles definitely cut from the same cloth...) Anyways in our search for a new coach when stealing yours didn't work. We Hired the Up and Coming Hotshot. Rich Rod with 6 years of head coaching experience at 1 Bad Conference team coming off a 11-1 11-2 10-2 Seasons In which He put a Noname WV school on the map. He came to Michigan and didn't even get his foot in the door before the Criticism started. And over the next 3 years we watched the start of the worst period in Michigan football ever. He was fine in a middle of nowhere school where if he lost 2 games no one really cared. But under the Lights of the big house him and his way of football crumbled to dust.....

Not saying Herman will be the same. But are you really ready to put your faith in a guy who is a grand total of 2-0 vs top 10 teams in his coaching career? one of those vs a Oklahoma team that might be 1-3 come this week and the other vs a FSU team that honestly played a Cupcake schedule outside their game at Florida.. He is 5-0 vs top 25 teams (with 3 of them being the likes of Memphis Navy and temple (quality football programs there) As I said I wish you guys the best of luck and on the surface Tom Herman looks amazing. But Brady Hoke came into Michigan and won 10 games in his first year Didn't make him anything more than a Glorified Coordinator when the shit started hitting the fan. Herman has never face adversity and As with we are in Michigan you guys are very hard on coaches :). So again Best of Luck and hope whoever you end up with puts you into a Playoff game vs Us... We will take care of OSU if you take care of Bama :p..

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

$$$

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Actually 5 NCs with 5 coaches. You left out Howard Schnellenberger

6. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

So Jimbo was a successful OC here at LSU under Saban and Miles, then moved on to FSU and won a championship and has had them near the top since. You don't see the allure of Jimbo versus the douchebag that is Lane Kiffin who was given the keys to an NFL team and 2 college programs that other coaches would kill for and he dumpster fired both the college programs and they couldn't wait to get rid of him. So much so that the fans would chant "Fire Lane Kiffen".

You would rather risk the LSU program with that needle d!ck, d-bag. I don't understand why anybody would risk their program with that @ss clown. The dude is a snake and immature and has a huge ego for some reason. He maybe a fine OC but he sux at HC'ing.

Read this from 2013. I don't want this clown anywhere near LSU.
    http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...fired-coaching-timeline-usc-tennessee-raiders

LSUDieHard and BAY0U BENGAL like this.
  7. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

It still blows my mind anyone would suggest this asshole. Especially after seeing his shit

8. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

You could say the same thing about Sumlin and Briles coming out of Houston when they did. That same argument could've been used against them as well. They both did just fine. Granted Sumlin needed a good DC and seems to have the QB situation under control this season.

But you're right, it is a roll of the dice with the up and coming coaches. Research is required on each one of them and they have to have the right staff around them. But Herman has had OC success elsewhere and it wasn't just running a tricked up offense in some weak conference. I think risk with Herman is much less than Rich Rodriguez and the like.

9. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

The guys I don't want to touch with a 10ft pole for LSU HC: Petrino, Kiffin, Briles, Freeze.

Other than them I'm open to pretty much any option.

10. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Agreed. Any hire will have risk and our admin could have blinders on like Michigan did with the Rich Rod hire. But Herman has a track record of success against some big time competition throughout his career.