RB Trent Richardson

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by tboy, Jan 8, 2009.

1. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Re: Trent Richardson

Absolutely, I'm just pointing out what I think is a logical train of thought on why he might not live up to the hype. He is running over and through people in high school and he isn't that big. Does he have the other talents necessary to elude bigger defenders in college if he can't run over them? I think that is a legitimate question and only time will tell.
    In his defense there have been some tough runners in the SEC that haven't been all that big. Cadillac Williams comes to mind.
    I haven't seen the so called can't miss physical specimen prospects at the skill positions this year like I have in the past, for example, Adrian Petersen, Julio Jones, etc.
    As far as Keiland, he just seems to lack the ability to read his blocking, and/ or pick the hole consistently. Also at around 223Lbs and all muscle he really doesn't move the pile either. I guess that is why we use him mainly to sweep wide and use his speed.

2. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

I see the mistaken 225 listing, but where are the negative comments? Neither Bakas nor Huffman said that, so what guys are you talking about?

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

From the scouts that were watching him at the UA Game.

"ASSETS: Has a monster's size and looks more like 225 to 230 pounds, having a rare combination of great size, good speed, quickness and power."

4. tboy

tboy Founding Member

I watched the game. I also saw the practices on ESPNU. These guys should be fired for saying such a thing. I mean the, "has a monster's size" part of the quote. The guy did not look that big, trust me, but people like to hype the top recruits. I will give up and move on to another subject.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I would normally agree. But when four recruiting services completely agree I have a hard time disagreeing, especially when we are debating an eyeball test and they were on the sidelines, for multiple games and camps. You may be right, who knows.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

7. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

"It's kind of surprising to me, and it's kind of hard on me," Richardson said. "He was my recruiter and I was closer to him than my position coach (Burton Burns) at Alabama. It's hard. I never thought this would happen to me." :bncry:

He did speak with Alabama coach Nick Saban, who seemed pretty frustrated. :po:

"I talked to Coach Saban today," Richardson said,
    "and he was very surprised. He was kind of upset with the situation, too."
    :po:

Poor Trent and Nick. :bncry:

8. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Hes going to decommit and go to LSU.

9. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

"Well, I'm just going to finish going through the recruiting process, get to February, sit down with my mom and talk it over with my family and my coaches at my school now," he said. "Let it ride like that. I'm going to keep my eyes open, take all my visits. I'm just kind of stressed."

70/30 Bama?

Even if he didn't go to LSU.. that would make my freaking year.

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

It's still 95 % Bama. This will most likely blow over and he will get over the emotional impact this has had on him initially.

TB3 has jokes. :thumb: