RB Christine Michael

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by tboy, Dec 28, 2008.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Re: Michaels commits to Texas A&M

Yes, thanks for the clarification.

2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I disagree with the whole similar back bs. We don't know that Ford will work out. Look at USC. A couple of years ago they had like 8 5-star backs on teh roster and no clear leader as the primary ball carrier. You have to have many backs as they get hurt and can't play hurt like other positions. Not picking him up is a mistake imo. However, there's probably a reason I'm not a coach and am relegated to posting on message boards.

To further the argument, here is what we have done as far as RB recruiting in the past 3 recruiting years if the current situation holds true

Michael Ford

None

Steven Ridley

Charles Scott
    Keiland Williams
    Richard Murphy

Keiland Williams and Charles Scott are Seniors in 2009 and Richard Murphy has been less than impressive and there's talk of moving him to WR in a slot type position. That leaves us with 2 rb's in 2010.

We need another back in this class.

3. Apextiger

Apextiger Founding Member

CM impressed in all the summer camps, and was impressive in the AA game..

He is impressive when he speaks as well, comes from a christian family.. close to his father etc..

the strangest recruiting I have ever seen.

Texas didn't really go after him either.. #'s?

LSU was like eh, we have our guys...meanwhile the kid continued to impress at the camps, and Scout, ESPN, and Rivals all think very highly of this kid.

I hope we don't regret it..

My point is, LSU wanted him all along and he wanted LSU too, but could not take him because we had a full plate at that time.. Now, maybe things change?

Maybe LSU goes after Lacy?

Bottom Line Seatrunk could be better than them all.. a must get for 2010!:crystal: LSU lean for now, cousins with Ford!

Have you seen Seatrunks Junior highlights?.. Lord, I thought debose film was unreal, Seatrunk is the best I have seen.

4. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Neither did anybody else that "should have".
    LSU never released any information about why they did not offer. All of that is internet speculation.

At what point did LSU want him? Despite CM listing LSU as having offered, the recruiting sites all said that LSU denied having offered him. Considering how public CM was in wanting to come here, I would say he never did get an offer.

LSU has shown no attention to this guy, so I doubt it.

Apparently, but LSU never seems to run out of RBs, so I think we will be okay.

Our coaches seem to agree with the recruiting sites assesment and are pursuing him. They do not agree on CM.

He will remain an aggie.

5. Apextiger

Apextiger Founding Member

LSU offered CM last June or July..

But he didn't commit...then LSU recieved more commitment from Pratt and Calhoun...so LSU wasn't going to sign 4 RB this year unless it was Trent Richardson..

Texas has the same issue as LSU, no room..

CM offer list looks pretty good now according to Rivals..

Several big time program offered.

I have a feeling the kid is going to be special....and we missed out..oh well

6. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

This has been discussed at great length in the thread about him. Both Sonny and Mike have clearly stated multiple times that despite CM claiming an offer, none had been issued by LSU. Recruits do this all the time.

Where have you read this other than speculation by anonymous posters?

Again, where have you read this? His recruiting page/claim of an offer is not proof of an offer. LSU, Texas, Oklahoma - none of them have confirmed offering him. And what's the excuse for every other Big 12 school? The guys that run their respective recruiting sites have all said he does not have offers from their school, but he continues to say that he does and they have tired of resetting his status.

Yes, it does. And it looks like total BS or he would have committed somewhere other than AtM.

As stated above, none of those are confirmed and several are disputed.

7. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

For everyone worried... LSU always seems to have freshman backs ready to step in when something happens to one of our top backs. See 2006 with our great set of senior back now if you want any indication. Larry Porter seems to do a good job of coaching the guys that 1) we have and 2) have the desire to excel. So while yes it hurts our depth. As long as we can bring in some guys next year then we should be ok.

It is also worth noting that Calhoun while listed as an athlete on recruiting websites, is listed as a RB by LSU.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Calhoun won't be an everydown back. I am not sure if I would add that as "depth" to our running back corps.

He is perfect for the slot position as a receiver. He will get his touches in much the same way Holliday does now. I wouldn't consider Holliday as part of the depth at RB, however.

We need to get Seastrunk as our fast back and then claim a stud power back, ala Pratt.

9. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

No offense, but I really hate this argument. Just because it's worked out for us in the past doesn't mean it will again. Who says Ford doesn't blow out a knee and whoever we get next year (assuming we get someone since they're all out of state) fumbles every play. I'm not necessarily saying we need CM, we just need a back period imo. CM just seems to make the most sense. Like I said before, ask USC if you can ever have too many RB's.

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Apex, TheDude speaks the truth. If we would have offered back in June he could have committed at anytime and all indications at the time and words out of his mouth stated he would commit to LSU as soon as we offered.