Ray Parker - Suspended

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTap, Sep 10, 2020.

1. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Perhaps I had you mistaken for @el005639 , the poster with the contipated/depressed Smiley avatar.

O is in a funny/strange position. Not responsible for anything but delegating crootin' & clapping hard on the sideline.

I do enjoy LSU Football. Coaches come & go in Baton Rouge. This might be the permanent template LSU hires football coaches in the future, a figurehead coach many fans enjoy, his antics, his cursing, his accent, etc. While the other 30-40 coaches create the Offense & Defense & run the team.

Most teams want a coach who has knowledge of either Offensive or Defensive schemes. But who knows? Maybe other teams will hire a 30-40 Assistants , Analysts & hire their local hero, "He's one of us" types. Maybe their favorite QB or WR, RB whatever the fans like. Eddie George plus Coaches at tOhio State? 46 year old RB replaces Ryan Day. Far fetched? No. For that matter why does the figurehead have to be a former player at all? Snoopy Dogg at USC? Why not? Can't play much worse under Helton, high on weed or not. Snoop's not a coach & would recruit black players far better than most anyone.

It's Coaching by Commitee at LSU. LSU may be trailblazers for this new style coaching.

unclenick and ehusson80 like this.
  2. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

First post. And unlike prosecutors, I don’t assume everyone’s guilty before proven.

3. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Err'yone Guilty! :) Just doda' suspend indefinately, nobody believes he won't be back for Florida.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    unclenick likes this.
  4. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I dunno man, I agree that O does very little for the scheme and flow of the game. I mean, his mic is up most of the game on his headset. He does, however, tend to stick to his strengths and not let his weaknesses get in the way of other coaches. That is an improved self. He was clear on the style of offense he wanted to put in and despite trying to allow E the time to get it right, went out with E in tow, and got the guy who presented a compliment towards putting that offense to work. It did and it worked better than any before.

Perhaps that is the style of head coach that best suits a developing powerhouse, is one who hires reliable coordinators, bring in the right people, and allow them the room to master their slice. O seems to inject technique and educate thinking over mistakes. Can't fault him for that and again, lessons learned from his own sketchy past. He seems to focus on the senior management of the program while coordinators do their thing. I believe the 15-0, in the fashion it was achieved, proved it was more successful than it was lightning in a bottle. Point to the schedule as being favorable, fine, that helped, but there are ranked teams out there with far easier schedules who seem to sustain that success till the meat of the playoffs exposes them. We beat every one of those ranked teams in spite of O's flaws, and quite literally, everyone's expectations, coaching through a silent mic, personnel and player issues, straight to the top of the mountain. The ring is legitimate.

What remains to be seen is if he can do it again. I think in spite of your personal opinion of him, there is enough evidence to suggest you could be open-minded enough to see if he can sustain success. Equally so, with this style of coaching, there brings a different style of fan. If he is unable to sustain success given the tools available, you deserve the right to set his ass on fire. Finding flaws for the sake of flaws is a technique best used for the courtroom and none of that taints the success of last year. But this is a new year and the slate is clear. You might get your opportunity yet.

Hou-duco likes this.
  5. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

You gotta do what you gotta do to win in CFB. Did Orgeron keep his players for theirr Junior & Senior seasons? No. Did Saban ? Yes. I see O managing his players right off the field & some taking off for whatever reason to the NFL. After we lose to Bama, we can discuss how Saban did managed his Juniors & Seniors at Bama. I expect most here to whine that he paid them in money or cars or whatever. He's Nick Saban, the best active Football coach in CFB right now, that's how. We got a loud mouth Dline coach, with no pedigree.

"Finding flaws just to find flaws"? Seriously? Did yo miss the Miles years here entirely? Some of the most miserable & depressing LSU fans to ever post on any message board.

You see that Flynn to Byrd play? Thid is what was po osted here: But we could have lost to "Clock management issues"? These retards were so bunged up, they didnt even see that we Kicked off after that TD. Duh. Cant fix stupid.

BTW, the 'taints' thing is cute, but you understand it is just skin right? Another Shane miracle. I suppose he had his taint tattoed, not surprising in Oklahoma, I suppose.

"Lightening in a Bottle" is accurate. Best new NFL OC/ Pass game coordinator & a QB who improved from 15 TDs to 60. Definately a good comparison between Oeaux, Gene Chizik, Mack Bown & Jimbo Fisher. All had a QB with a hot hand. None ever topped their one lightening season.

unclenick likes this.
  6. CajunlostinCali

Can't help that entirely when a pandemic creates cause and effect.

I can't say he pays or does not, but nor can you. I agree that Saban holds their commitment to Bammer, fending off desires for the NFL much stronger than O, but that didn't take away from last season and it remains to be seen for the next. O is a pretty good recruiter, admitted by yourself.

Folks use Miles deficiencies only to argue your points. Many of the same folks hated the O hire, but not near as much as the hate generated for Miles' final 2 seasons. Take a poll and see just how strongly folks hate Miles for his time at LSU. His overall body of work was phenomenal, only to fall off to the obvious outcome in his closing years. Your single only argument is that Miles is/ was a better coach than O yet Miles' last couple of seasons hardly compare to what O has achieved in 2.

Glad you saw the humor in it. The toughness of your skin is not judged, but rather the sincerity of your arguments.

He has not yet failed to sustain success yet you have him compared to one and done heroes? Even that doesn't support your opinion, past or present. How you fail to give O credit for going out there and getting Burrow and turning around and getting Brady instead of just settling for E and playing Brennan is pretty lopsided thinking. Those 2 moves alone were on O. Would Miles have done the same?

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  7. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

I have not even posted in the ray parker thread... gump lover

shane0911 likes this.
  8. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

So yor already using up the pandemic excuse? Good thing for them that coronavirus completely missed the states of Alabama & Florida.. cause & effect

Then you broke my post up into tiny agenda driven pieces for yourself. Most folks can read a post, without going point, by point, by point, by point. It like serving a Ribeye steak & Maine lobster dinner in tiny prechewed bits, scatttered around the table. It's just not done.

Oh my, Oeaux got a graduate transfer QB looking desperately for a 2nd chance? Amazing! Burrow found a school with no QB. thanks to Oeaux's poor recruiting at QB. BTW, Myles Brennan was signed by Les Miles, early in 2016. His scholarship papers signed by Les Miles, for the 2017 recruit.

Here's where you & Shane's bot are missing the Shrimpin' boat. You actually believe Orgeron is calling plays, Designing Offenses & Defenses & God knows what else. He is not. There are 30-40 Coaches at LSU that are doing what you are giving Oeaux credit for. Oeaux is a very simple Dline coach that was his time at fired from Ole Miss & da Saints, both for doing a Bad Job Coaching, if you can even call it coaching. And now you believe this country fried coonass is da Savior. Good luck with dat for the remainder of his time here.

Hey, if you feel strong, give me the LSU/Bama score this year. Not 2019 score, the 2020 score. And when you post how much you think LSU beats Bama by, please keep it posted right here.

unclenick likes this.
  9. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

You missed it, now I'm alledgedly an A&M fan.

unclenick likes this.
  10. CajunlostinCali

Oh my, just when there was an opportunity for you to actually engage with a discussion, you respond with absolutely....nothing.That is the non-sense of a troll. You simply cannot help yourself. You're branded.

shane0911 likes this.