Rating the SEC QBs

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by watson1880, Aug 5, 2019.

?

Where is Joe Borrow Rank in SEC QBs?

1. 1

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  2. 2

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. 3

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. 4

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. 5

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  6. 6

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  7. 7

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  8. 8

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  9. 9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 10 or worse

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

One of your alters then.

2. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

My favorite alter is ... @shane0911 ;)

I apparently upset the sky screamer types with conduct unbecoming & stats. Stats are for losers, so I've been told.

[​IMG]

TerryP likes this.
  3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

East vs West and competition was the basis for the question on page one. Add to that while looking at this season I'm left with question marks on their line. UT's opponents last season spent a lot of time in their backfield. And now in '19 we're looking at two frosh as a possibility for their two starting tackles?

I think you're hitting on some of the reasons why (but that's a stretch considering it's coming from 12up which is basically a news aggregator and knowing how they are thinking...?) The point that Guarantano had two TD's against UGA on the road vs Burrow having none at home may have been the deciding factor.

TigerTap likes this.
  4. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

I haven't been to Phil's in about 2 weeks, which is unusual. Interesting about the salinity of the oysters. I've been slacking on lunch variety lately. I need to read the menu again. I usually just get a poboy & a cup of gumbo for lunch. Crabmeat Au Gratin sounds really good.

Just thinking back, how different Phil's was in the 80's. Used to be a great place for LSU news, maybe the best & general Louisiana goings on. It's just not quite the same now. Still, they get occcassional coaches & admins in there.

Burrow's might be good. Sometimes he looked very good, other times very inconsistent. He had 3 years of Urban Meyer training, but never permanently nailed down the starting job there. This is his money year, though.

I wonder if O will stick with Brady's scheme, or run back to Ensminger's at the first sign of difficulty? Weird having essentially Dual OC's. Not long ago, such a thing would have sent LSU fans into a massive melt. Now, everything is
    [​IMG]

We play 4 of 5 tissue paper teams before the Gators. Unsure of Texas, as many think we'll roll into Austin & whup Texas easily. This type schedule should create all sorts of Offensive records early on. But will it properly prepare us for UF or create a false sense of "We Badass"? Hard to say, as nobody's seen this new Offense O has promised.

5. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Burrow looked inconsistent because there were almost no skill players to rely on, passing or running and a line that had him running for his life waiting for home run plays to develop. We are 2 injuries away on the line from him running for his life again, but at least there are skill players that can be outlets and are you ready....word is...we might actually use a TE in the passing game! I know, right

This optimistic view of yours is fresh and may very well lead into some boring reading, at least till the gators. Try not to be such a snooze

6. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

So they're back to running "11 personnel" already? :D Is that on Ensminger or Brady?

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Dan Mullen working with Franks as along as they've been together is something I don't believe should be dismissed. He's been a head case—I'm talking about Franks here—as long as we've watched him. We've seen what Mullen can do with QB's as well.

There is confidence in Gainesville about Franks progression. A lot are pointing to a confidence they've not seen before. I think we'll see that in their first game against Miami and also think Florida -7½ is low

TigerTap likes this.
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

True. People got really butthurt Les Miles was .500 during his last season.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

If you ran a poll on removing Ensminger from that roll, I can count on 1 hand how many people I think would vote to keep him there....

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Phil's gumbo is meh. They should make the roux a lot darker. Tastes alright but I can't get past the white roux.