Rank the Coaches in the SEC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Dec 2, 2017.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

And let’s say Tennessee nabs Miles, all this Sumlin talk over Miles is stupid to me. Miles is a much better coach. Not talking about the coaching staff, just the head coach.

1. Saban (obviously)
    2. Jimbo Fisher (2 and 3 could be interchangeable)
    3. Gus Malzahn
    4. Les Miles
    5. Kirby Smart
    6. Dan Mullen
    7. Will Muschamp
    8. Ed Orgeron (7 and 8 could be interchangeable)
    9. Mike Stoops
    10. Missouri dude
    11. Moorehead
    12. Matt Luke
    13. Derek Mason
    14. Arkansas (unknown)

You could probably interchange 9-14 being Arkansas is still coachless.

Agree anyone disagree? Why?

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You ranked Miles at #4. Who does he coach for? Miles WAS a better coach than Sumlin at one time but his coaching acumen deteriorated. Muschump did a good job at SC this year but I'm still going to rank Oeaux ahead of him for the way he got the team to respond when it looked like the dumpster was on fire.

I'll put Mullen ahead of Kirby Smart. Great season for the Georgia version of the canines but he has a lot more resources and a much more attractive home base than Starkville. Athens is close to Atlanta. Starkville is close to, uh, uh, some cows and a lot of trees.

3. LaSalleAve

First sentence says let’s assume Miles lands at Tennessee. And yes his W/L, national championship and national championship experience puts him up there. He is also only 1 of 2 coaches listed there to beat the Crimson Emperor and he’s done it 3 times. Mullen may prove to be better at UF than Smart is at UGA, and your case on those 2 has merit simply because we really don’t know if Smart can continue this years success going forward.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  4. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

Useless thread. More hating on our current coach. You know we are 9-3 right now right? But you put him behind Jimbo who might make a bowl game and miles who isn’t coaching. Please.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Come on now! he put Oeaux behind Muschamp and I disagree but to rank him above Jimbo is ludicrous after one bad season.

6. Rouxleaux

I still don’t get the love of Jimbo and atm to drop 7.5 mil per year is insane. I full expect them to only improve slightly and Jimbo to smile all the way to the bank.

el005639 and LSUpride123 like this.
  7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Orgeron just finished 4th in the SEC in his first year with Danny Etling and just enough Olinemen to field a starting unit. I think we would beat MSU right now at this point in the season.

8. LaSalleAve

are you kidding? both have won national titles and are poven successes for multiple seasons. Orgeron proved he could keep the wheels from falling off after losing to Troy. Dont know about you but i prefer actual trophies over participation trophies.

9. LaSalleAve

I put O behind Muschamp because he did a damn good job with shitty team this year. LSU has way more talent than South Carolina. What both of them did at previous jobs i felt cancelled each other out because they both sucked. Had LSU not lost to Troy i'd have O ahead of muschanp.

10. Rouxleaux

Yea again throw out the turn around last year, the turn around at usc and then this year. Then you put miles (who isn’t even coaching) who if were our coach you think we would be 9-3 after Troy this year. Please, you don’t give Orgeron enough credit for what he has done this year. A couple of years of his players and we will be contending for a sec camp and possibly a national championship.