Random thoughts of the day

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Sourdoughman, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Manbuns are stupid and make the manbun wearer look like an idiot. I would hope that no Tiger fans have a manbun but I have seen young guys with manbuns wearing LSU shirts.

The good news it that wearing a manbun causes Traction alopecia and may cause the wearer to go bald early. No hair, no manbun

Traction alopecia. “It’s really, really common,” Jackson, Mississippi, dermatologist Sabra Sullivan told Mic. “I see it probably once or twice a week.” The condition, which causes acute baldness around the forehead and temples, is a direct result of hairstyles that pull the hair over long periods of time.

“They’re putting traction on the hair follicles that the hair is not really meant to take,” Sullivan said, adding the behavior could lead to follicle death plus permanent scarring. “Traction alopecia in men is becoming more common,” she said and agreed that man buns were at least partly to blame.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

What the hell is a manburn?

Tiger Exile likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  4. shane0911

Ahh, those jackasses. They fit into the group that also does one or all of the following, wears flip flops with jeans, has white sunglasses and or white sandals/flip flops. Sad really.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I think they might be hipsters but I'm not sure what a hipster really is. I'll be @LaSalleAve knows. Maybe he even styles his hair into a manbun. :cool:

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's not a lot different than a ponytail. When you wear your hair long, sometimes you have to get it out of the way. Shane has no experience with long hair whatsoever.

7. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

8. shane0911

Sorry man. You would have to fit into a very small % because white sunglasses or flip flops are about 99.5% douchebag guaranteed. I can give you the1/2 % but I think that's it. No room for anyone else.

Tiger Exile and red55 like this.
  9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I have not owned flip flops since 1966. I'm more of a sandals and moccasins guy. I have never owned white shades. Never had a "man bun", but I have stuck my ponytail up under my hat.

I am just too hip.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I remember who started the white sunglasses thing. we discussed it here during a game not knowing he was a trendsetter.