Random thoughts of the day

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Sourdoughman, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

you are a genius:

"
    UPDATE: Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff's Office Chief Jimmy Travis has confirmed that the two boys reported missing from Pontchatoula Wednesday have been found safe in Florida.

Travis said the boys were taken by their biological mother and that they have been located

https://www.katc.com/news/covering-...t-for-two-missing-boys-from-tangipahoa-parish

shane0911 and kcal like this.
  2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

regular readers will be aware of my series of posts themed "x hurts minorities the most". in the past we have learned how many things, like trees and rabbits and hot air balloons and bacon and those lil russian nestling dolls and also cheerios, and space heaters and internal combustion engines are racist becasue they hurt minorities the most.

in todays episode: bike helmet laws are racist.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ly-targeted-people-color-homeless-people.html

shane0911 likes this.
  3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

shane0911 likes this.
  5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

my random thought of today is that everywhere i go there is a labor shortage, the car mechanic, restaurants etc.

this would be made catastrophically worse if we had universal basic income. andrew yang seems like a nice fellow but UBI would ruin us. nobody would work unless they had high salary jobs. getting unskilled labor would be near impossible.

shane0911 likes this.
  6. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

My thought of the day.

How did we get to the point in this country where common sense is gone.

we have people doing mass killings. People defend people who resist arrest and try to hurt police officers doing their job. Instead of just doing what police officers say and file a complaint later. the chinese releasing diseases out of their weapons lab and we dont do anything to them. Tractor trailers traveling in hot of summer over our border without being checked and killing 46 people. We elect a president we know has alzheimers . We elect his vp which is incompetent.

This country has lost its way and no one worth a damn will run for president.

Jan. 6th went too far andi blame trump but it is a sign that the people who really care are getting fed up with the direction of the country.

Jmg likes this.
  7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Anything that needs to be "normalized" isn't normal.

shane0911 likes this.
  8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

today i read a story that says even small amounts of alcohol are bad for you. in the past i have read the opposite.

1. coffee
    2. salt
    3. red wine
    4. alcohol generally
    5. dark chocolate

all 5 of these things i have read news stories that they are both bad for you and good for you. there is no way for me to know. the nutrition science industry is a clusterfuck. everything is reversed over and over

tigermark likes this.
  10. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Good thing i lost faith in public health officials and - cue Fauci's voice - "science". Individuals need to listen to their bodies and determine what works for them. Most things in moderation are just fine.