Politics Rand Paul Nomination

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Nov 3, 2014.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

So? Fuck em.

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Jealous????

Bengal B likes this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Nope, I'm fine. That money could be put towards education or infrastructure though. It's funny that's always the reply by conservatives. Jealous? If you feel that money is better served being snorted by Paris Hilton, or creating Kim Kardashian's new ass, then more power to you.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Actually I have no problem with taxing the wealthy at higher rates. I believe there are taxes on income of all types that need to be raised. One is the way hedge fund managers income is taxed at long term capital gains (15%) when it should be regular income. Thank HRC, Schumer's and other prominent Ds for that. They paid off their Wall Street banker friends. There are other instances like that where taxes aren't balanced. How inheritance tax is double taxation and IMO not fair. It doesn't bother me rich kids wastes daddy's or mommy' hard earned wealth.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't even care if @LaSalleAve uses his inheritance money to buy pot and have his penis enlarged. Your daddy earned the money and paid taxes on it. If he wants to leave it to you its his right to do it without the .obey being taxed again.

Winston1 likes this.
  6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Since you had to be worth at least $5 million for the estate tax to be in effect, of course it's just a benefit for the rich. It just creates a class of the idle rich who inherit wealth instead of working for it. More and more of the country's wealth gets owned by the top 1%.

No, it doesn't. It is brand new income for the inheritor.

7. red55

Your daddy is dead and is not being taxed again. Your new income is being taxed.

8. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

im going to give you the real reason conservatives are against this tax and you can say im pulling the race card. They see it as paying reparations. right or wrong, a lot of people view it as such.

9. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

That might be the craziest statement I've ever heard. How in the world do you make that connection? I've never really heard a valid argument for the death tax. The argument I've heard is the one @red55 makes about the offspring not deserving it. I just don't think that's pertinent to the conversation. Because I can't come up with a valid reason to tax estates, I don't currently think they should be taxed. I'm not totally committed to my position though.

10. red55

It's not a "death tax", the dead are never taxed. It is an inheritance tax, paid by the inheritors of great wealth. "Money for Nothing" is the Republicans theme song. Again the Republicans have blindly eliminated $600 billion of national income without cutting a single dime of spending. We'll just borrow it from China. What a bunch of hypocrites.

I can't see it being "reparations" at all. The money goes to the general tax base, not to black people. In any case, there is not a single living slave to be paid reparations.