Ramen Noodles Can Kill You

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Bengal B, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't eat them often but I kind of like them. I don't like Jack-in-the-Box hamburgers

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I used to take those things down but got ill when I ordered them at the Siegan/Perkins location. It was bad and haven't had the courage to give them another chance.

GregLSU likes this.
  3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Is this a rhetorical question...or have you actually never seen one?

They are deep fried with a piece of American cheese in the middle with some "taco meat" which resembles canned dog food. They also have lettuce inside that I think has also been deep fried.

My ex-husband was from San Diego and grew up eating these. In 1995, we once drove from Baton Rouge to Houston just to be around Jack-in-the-Box for a couple of days. Incidentally, that was the year we split up. Coincidence? Hmmm...maybe not.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That's real dedication. One time I thought about driving from Baton Rouge to Hammond to get some Krystal Burgers but I didn't actually do it

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I guess you could call that dedication. We were so freakin' poor that both of our cars' A/C's were broken, so we rented a compact car to make the drive (which we couldn't afford.) And I was only 24, so come to find out, I wasn't old enough to rent the car, but he was three years older.

LSUTiga likes this.
  6. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I will use them when cooking up stir fry, but under no circumstances do I use the included seasoning packet...

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I've never been able to bring myself to eat any, ever. My girls used to. I thought they still did but when I showed them the article on yahoo, I learned they no longer do.

8. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I feel the same way about SubWay... went for lunch one day back in '99... ended up in the ER with a major case of food poisoning... Will never eat there again.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If I'm hungry and there is no choice but fast food I almost always choose Subway. Just look at the other choices

10. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I'm not paying someone else to make me a damn sandwich. I can do that at home.