Rabalais Sucks

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Kikicaca, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

And thanks to you more people are reading it.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

For the most part Rabalais is fair and balanced but he was out of line on this one. It's not like Oeaux defended domestic violence or anything and Davis is entitled to the presumption of innocence until proven otherwise. I think he did beat that woman but I don't really know what happened.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Lol, I read it. I don't put much stock in what writers say, they are all trying to keep a job these days and staying relevant by jumping on a metoo bandwagon fits. However, his take was weak. He mentions several things Oeaux has done relevant to the topic of domestic violence but his entire take hinges on Oeux's use of 3 words....protect the team. In the context of his larger statement, I don't find it problematic and yesterday was basically "final scrimmage day" around the country. Nobody should expect to be reading about social issues. It's now about the depth chart and injury reports.

Don Castavez and LSUTiga like this.
  5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Rabalais dislikes Oeaux. It's something personal. I'm sure @Taint can conjure up a story and tell a horrible rendition.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

What did Rabalais expect Oeaux to say? Protecting the team applies to the other 90 or so players on the roster as well. His job is to win football games, not jump on the bandwagon for every social issue. In light of what's going on at Ohio State he was pretty smart to have no comment for the media regarding the Davis situation.

Protecting your own is a part of every profession. Ask Roger Goodell or any police chief in America about "protecting the shield."

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Taint has criticized Rabalais on this forum before. Will he change his tune now that Rabalais target is the coonass coach?

six pack dan likes this.
  8. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Nope, Rabalais is a part of why O is here. He's probably just poking the bear, as many don't know & don't want to know about O's domestic violence past. He knows O can't really say a damned thing without it dredging up his own past.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    LSUTiga likes this.
  9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I disagree. I think there are far fewer who don't know.

Of course he can. Why can't he? What better source on the topic than someone who has done it and no longer does?

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

furduknfish likes this.