question/answer thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by martin, Aug 20, 2012.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

topic 1:

i really like red's suggestion of the walther. its a beautiful piece of machinery. i have been watching youtube reviews of the ppk and i like it alot.

topic 2: i have been pretty serious drinker for 20 years or so. i have tried lots of hangover remedies and havent had a huge amount of success. the bloody mary thing comes up alot and i think that is stupid.

3. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

If you don't like the answer to your question, you can shove it! .......In vino veritas.....

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Its a classic piece of 20th century machinery. There are more modern designs like the glock, but you will never carry a glock in your jeans pocket. I like the metal pistols over the plastic pistols for intrinsic reasons. I am considering a lighter, smaller .380 pistol, though . . . the Ruger LCP possibly.

If you have been a serious drinker for 20 years then you can apply . . .

Red's Hangover Cure #1: I have, through experience, learned to recognize the point at which drinking any more will result in a hangover. Then I stop drinking. I have learned how to stretch this point further into the evening by alternating alcohol with plain water. If you walk around with a drink in your hand you will drink. Just make sure that every other one has alcohol in it.

Red's Hangover cure # 2: When you have reached the limit or surpassed it, take three aspirins and a glass of water before going to bed.

Note that both of these tactics require action on the drinking night. If you drink all night and wake up with a hangover, none of the silly remedies work. All you can do is get some food in you and perhaps the hair of the dog and wait it out. But if you are professional drinker enough to know when you are floating past the hangover line, you can avoid 90% of future hangovers. They have almost disappeared from my life.

Winston1 likes this.
  5. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

my next question is:

do you take vitamins, and if so what do you think they accomplish?

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

ouch!

i dont see why one suffering from mild ethanol poisoning would be served by more poison.

tigerchick46 likes this.
  8. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

They make my urine very expensive.

9. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Yes, flinstone gummies.

Very little.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Yes, just a multi every day. Because I eat out so much and don't get the balanced meals that mom used to make. And I take extra C when I have a cold. Because Linus Pauling told me to. And because it seems to help the symptoms down.