QB Hayden Rettig to transfer

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, May 31, 2014.

1. didit

didit Veteran Member

Nope... I'm pretty sure he's talking about the one where Lee was 3 of 7 for 24 yds and 2 ints...

TigerTap likes this.
  2. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

Umm.... in 2010 in Tiger Stadium Jefferson was 10-13 for 141 yards passing, including the 75 yrd TD to Randle. That was the game where we got 2 FG off Bama turnovers. Kelvin Sheppard had a great game that day. Remember the big 4th down play with DeAngelo Peterson? We rushed for 225 yards that day. We won 24-21. Jefferson had a good game too.

The next year was Game of the Century (Game 1) and we were 8-0 going into that game with Lee as the starter. Remember? We won that game 9-6 in OT?????

And all of the sudden Miles had beaten Saban two times in a row, and so had JJ...... I'm just saying.

Go back and look at the box scores of the 2009, 2010 and 2011 games against Bama and tell me which QB we should have been playing in the BCS NCG (Game 2).....

(Can't believe I'm defending JJ)

Winston1 likes this.
  3. P&G_wheelz007

The last INT was the NO LOOK one (Game of the Century - Game 1) . Lee ducked his head and threw the ball right to Bama.

didit likes this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Yes, that game. Perhaps you should go back and watch mid way through the 4th to the end. Gumps had a push and had LSU not converted on that 4th down were getting the ball back in great shape for another dagger to the heart. 3rd and long backed up deep on our side of the field he brings in Lee to throw the sideline route that seals it. Just sayin, big play, game on the line and he brings in Lee. Oh, and it worked.

5. P&G_wheelz007

I remember. Crucial play. Team win.

Was always glad Lee stuck around. Always hoped he would really get another shot at being our QB. He had a skill set those teams needed. The good news for him ---

He stuck around. Led us to big wins over Oregon, West Virginia, and a #1 ranking his Senior Year.

cajdav1 and didit like this.
  6. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

What is your issue with running the option to the short side of the field? Never understood that complaint.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Switzer made a living off of it back in the day

8. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

So did Tom Osbourne. Option is a numbers game. You run it at the side where a numerical advantage exists. The amount of real estate has no bearing on the side you run to. Where the free safety lines up does.

You can always tell someone's football iq by hearing their opinion on the short side option.

cajdav1 likes this.
  9. didit

didit Veteran Member

Its easier to defend less field than more field, that's a fact... When you are forced to make the pitch to the back and he's 3yds from the sideline, he has less space to make a move... This isn't too say that short side never works but most option plays are run to the wide side of the field... And speaking of football iq, I'm not the one on here making the argument that a very successful coach and his successful o coordinator is running off their best players just to have a "running" qb...

LSUpride123 likes this.
  10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

The QB has to turn up the field to force the end to commit to him instead of stringing it out wide, so it really isn't the call that is bad in my opinion it is the execution. The great option qb's did this to perfection.