Pump the brakes

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by shane0911, Sep 8, 2019.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

With everyone gushing over this explosive offense, well deserved by the way. I think we are overlooking the fact that we have problems on both lines. Big problems! I hope the rumors on Ingram are true.

We have to get better on the D line, we got no push at all. The only time we got the tx QB was on stunts and we didn't do it enough.

Can't give up 500 yards to people.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

19 players left the field due to cramps.

This will pass with the defense.

We will be elite once again starting next week and for the rest of the season.

So yeah you're right, you need to pump the brakes on freaking out about the defense.

Talk to me next Sunday morning.

3. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Line play & depth along with inexperience in our secondary are concerning. But hopefully improve as the year goes on.

ParadiseiNC and shane0911 like this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Not worried about next week.

I get it, no time to panic but that shit needs to get fixed. All this talk about how many sacks will Chassion have? Hell he might not crack double digits

lsu-i-like and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  5. LSU_4_LIFE

I’m sure it’s collective as to why our defense didn’t finish how they started. Give credit to Ehlinger, his receivers and the Texas play calling. I’m sure fatigue and cramps played a big role as well. But we also didn’t look like we matched the intensity and emotion we brought in the 1st half. I don’t like that. Gotta finish strong (which our offense did) but our defense threw in the towel. At least that’s how it looked.

6. LSU_4_LIFE

We did get 5 sacks, 7 TFL and 3 hurries against a stout o-line and mobile QB. Outside of the big TD where Fulton went for the int. our D was stout in the 1st half.

Then that 19 play drive in the 3rd was a back breaker and where it appeared fatigue was setting in. The TD pass on the slant on 4th & 2 with the all out blitz stung like a bitch.

Then by late in the 4th Qtr. the Texas offense was seemingly having their way with our D.

gynojunkie and LSUpride123 like this.
  7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

It was embarrassing that our defense cramped up incessantly, while Texas did not have any of that. It's not like our guys spent the summer in Canada. Baton Rouge is also hot as hell.

And, as a woman who has suffered plenty of leg cramps, walk that shit off, pussies.

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

How are we supposed to feel better about our defense next week after they've laid waste to the equivalent to a mediocre high school team?

9. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Seems like we rushed only 4 most of the night and did not generate much pressure without stunts. So this is a concern. But I gotta give credit to Sam too. He was very, very accurate on 3rd downs in the second half. Texas has an offense.

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Y'all do know that Texas has one of the best offenses in the nation?

And a biproduct of a high flying offense (LSU) is that it will affect your defense adversely.

RHans405 likes this.