Projected CFP standings

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Much much more of the population lives east of the Mississippi River, thus the bulk of the viewing eyeballs. The only historically iconic team west of the Rockies is USC and they are down until they hire a good coach. Only icon power team in the Big 12 is Oklahoma unless Tom Herman can do something at Texas. All things being equal the CFP is never going to put an Oregon or Utah in over a Notre Dame, Ohio State, Alabama.

COTiger likes this.
  2. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

which is why I said I want OSU to lose

I don't see the committee putting Bama after Georgia when their loss was to an unranked team. Penn State will drop a little further even though they lost to a ranked team. I hope Minnesota takes care of tOSU in championship game so Bama and Clemson can duke it out

3. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

Which pisses programs off like Oregon to no end. They dethroned USuCk in that conference even if they didn’t rise to the top of CFB. And this also helps explain Phil Knight. He just won’t accept this shit. But, c’est la vie couillion. That’s how life is.

4. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

"Geaux Barners"

There. I said it!

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  5. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

I think there's a contract out on the Gumps due to their limp dick schedule. Just because espn is wetting their pants trying to pry them in doesn't mean the We are the World Committee is feeling the same. Saturday we gave them their motive to flush the Crimson Turd. Gumps might need more assistance than is readily available this time. I think stricter criteria should be implemented. You don't win your conference. You don't get in. End the beauty pageant.
    Actually , I'm even more beyond the grid than that. I say bring back the BCS. The computer was pretty nice to us-- TWICE.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    gynojunkie and el005639 like this.
  6. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

[​IMG]

pretty tired of hearing, "it's all about uncle Phil",.. "buying a championship", that's belittling and a little insulting,.. the Ducks have been on the rise since 1976, Phil Knight asked what he could do to help in 1995, we wouldn't be where we are now without him though

... and it's not all about sports with Phil Knight, he's also built us several academic buildings,.. and last count, he supplements 39 of our professor's salaries to make their pay competitive,.. and he donated $500 million to an Oregon science research complex,.. the largest donation in U.S. history,.. he's true to his school

I don't think we're a top 4 team right now, TigerFan90, but there's a clear path for us to get to the playoffs, we'll be favored to win every game,.. we have a 2nd year coach with one recruiting class under his belt,.. we need depth, but another strong flock of recruits are on the way. I think we'll be stronger, better in 2020, a lot depends on our next QB

this year, I'd be very happy to be Pac12 champs and play in the Rose Bowl

TigerSnarl, gynojunkie, kcal and 3 others like this.
  7. TigerFan90

Knight loves his alma mater. All good there. Not taking anything away there. That place is his primary legacy, along with his cancer center. :)

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  8. TigerFan90

I don’t see you guys as top 4 right now. I said this before. I do think you are ranked right where you need to be right now, tho. And you may end up with a path. A lot of football yet. But like you said, y’all won’t really be challenged the rest of the way. Therein lies part of the problem, especially if the Barn ends up with 4 losses, most of them coming at the hands of the powers that be in the SEC.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  9. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

yep,.. we could use some help from auburn,.. makes barn/bama extra interesting to me,.. and auburn plays georgia too

gynojunkie likes this.
  10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

If Alabama is #5 behind Georgia, that's great news for everybody with a loss that could win their power 5 CG. If they are #4, well just be prepared to be screwed. I think that slight nuance in the rankings has that much meaning.

Like I've been saying blame Aranda for not ending this game at 46-34.

Saban is gonna try to win the next 3 games by a score of 77-0. Even Auburn.

ParadiseiNC likes this.