Problems With Team Culture

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

I do

2. Chipeace

Or Warren Capone...

3. Chipeace

No but I saw Stovall

HalloweenRun likes this.
  4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Prior to the NC it was moderate. Tying such a bump to a NC was probably a mistake, but it only happened because of the NC.

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

O has had time, but he also just won a NC. There is enough stirring around this year to muddy the water.

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Interesting how taint was so patient with CLM then so silent last year and now is puffing his chest condemning O after perhaps the most chaotic year in the history of college football.

Chipeace, Hou-duco, el005639 and 2 others like this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I knew his brother. I don't know what George does now but he lives in the Country Club of Louisiana so he must be doing something right

8. Perple

Perple Founding Member

That's not true at all. The leaving early trend started in earnest in the early 2000's. A decade after the NFL started accepting Juniors. Pretty disingenous of you to try to blame CLM for something that hit all colleges.

You think Saban is the best at keeping these players home? Should we ask Trev Faulk about his caring & nuturing nature while at LSU? Trev graduated from LSU in 3 years, still had eligibility left. How about Josh Reed, Matt Mauck, Marquise Hill (RIP), or Michael Clayton? Booty? Toefield?

[​IMG]
    Alabama early entrants 2020: Tua Tagvalio, Jerry Juedy, Terrell Lewis, Josh Jacobs, Xavier McKinley, Henry Ruggs, Jedrick Willis, Ryan Anderson, Anfernee Jennings

“A lot of guys get it in their mind that they’re going to go out for the draft no matter what,” Saban said when speaking at the 2018 Reese’s Senior Bowl. “I think you all know my philosophy on that: if you’re a first-round draft pick, you should go. If you’re not, you should stay in school and try to graduate.”

“Coach Saban’s like the Godfather of early leaving, I just trust him, and I trust what he told me,” Quinnen Williams said about his advice from Saban". (2019 early entrant)

*Every player drafted by the NFL from Alabama in 2020 was an underclassman.

TigerTap likes this.
  9. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Check out his buyout.

"If LSU truly did want to part ways with Orgeron after his first season under his new contract, the school would have to pay a ridiculous buyout. According to contract details broken down by The Advocate, his buyout is 70 percent of the remaining money owed on the contract. So that would be $27 million this year, $21 million next year and $16.8 million the following year."

Buyout Year 1: $27 Million
    Buyout Year 2: $21 Million
    Buyout Year 3: $16.8 Million
    Buyout Year 4: $12.6 Million
    Buyout Year 5: $8.4 Million
    Buyout Year 6: $4.2 Million

TigerTap likes this.
  10. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

That O even has that kind of leverage is fucking outrageous. The hell we were thinking when we drew up that nonsense and pushed it across the table?

TigerTap and shane0911 like this.