Predict the number of pass attempts by Burrow vs SE La.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Sep 3, 2018.

1. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Play the 1's across the board until halftime. Second half let the 2's/3's get time and experience some growing pains. I'd like to see Burrow get a 75/25 pass/rush ratio, he's going to need to throw come next weekend in Jordan Hare.

Realistically we'll probably see a ratio like the Miami game.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
    ParadiseiNC likes this.
  2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I would like us to run if SEL gives us the run and pass if they give us the pass. Win the game show the barn as little as possible. Design a game plan against what we think we can do to win and adjust as we go. If that means throwing 75 times do it.

Pjoe likes this.
  3. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Even if it's just a continuous barrage of 5-10 yrd cross routes, i'd like to see a pass heavy game just to get our QB and WR's on the same page. Continuity is a huge component that the QB/WR's need practice at.

ParadiseiNC and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  4. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

Would love to see us come out throwing. And I don't mean deep passes where their DBs are totally overmatched on jump balls. I mean timing routes and hooks and outs and screens. Short and medium. Basically, turn on Sean Payton's offense and try and do similar to that. Challenge the entire field with the pass.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'd like to see Burrow spread the ball around to all the receivers. Like the way Drew Brees does it.

Pjoe and GregLSU like this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

We are LSU and they are Southeastern. We will take whatever we want and they will give us whatever we want.

GregLSU likes this.
  7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

We also need to get our running game experience to. We need this as bad as we need to be able to pass. Our run game is very new too.

8. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

This makes it hard on a defense when multiple guys have to be accounted for. It’s easy to game plan one or two hot receivers, but everyone has to cover when TE, RB, & WR are in the mix. Odds are one of those guys will blow an assignment and JB just needs to recognize it and get them the ball.

Bengal B likes this.
  9. didit

didit Veteran Member

This... That's why I say there's nothing won't with a pro style offense... If you're in an I formation with 2 backs a te and 2 wrs, our single back, 3 wrs and 1 te, that's 5 guys that could potentially catch the ball on any given down or it could be a run play... Just need the right plays called and the QB to execute them...

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

After reading most of the posts, I'm now convinced more than ever that Burrow is going to attempt only 5 passes.

Jesus help us on The Plains.