Potential SEC Expansion Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

2. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Baylor, huh? I wonder what they have to say. I've been seeing them as being at the mercy of what everyone else does. I'm interested to see if they have a preemptive strike.

3. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

That didn't even hit me until you said it, but you are absolutely correct. I still think we will only see a 2 team increase in the SEC for now. Maybe OU and aTm, or aTm and VT/GT/or FSU. Adding OU and aTm to the West and moving either Bama or Auburn to the East, or adding, if it is aTm and VT/GT/or FSU, 1 of these to each the West and the East. I just don't see the SEC going all out this time around. As has been mentioned, everyone else is trying to catch up with us. We can afford to be selective and take our time growing, but we don't want to be left with left overs.

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

its money, not just wins. tx has been avoiding revenue sharing in the b12, but theyll have to share in p16, b16 or sec, so some other way they will at least not make less money than in the b12. either a tx p16 tv channel, or independent.

5. DarkHornet

Could Baylor be announcing a move to the Mountain West shortly?

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Well, Boise St announced that they are joining the MWC and leaving the WAC. They will start playing in the MWC in 2011. Maybe Baylor goes to the WAC to take Boise's place.

7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

slive is trying to break up both tx and nc to get tx, txam, vt and unc. i doubt he can do it but we'll see.

8. DarkHornet

We posted about the same time, but I think we'll hear Baylor announce they are moving to the Mountain West. I think they're prestigious enough to get accepted, and I know they need the security net.

9. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Either scenario works for Baylor. Will see how their 2:15 press conference goes. Also, Nebraska has a 1:00 press conference, streamed online in a few minutes:

Huskers.com Will Carry University’s Board of Regents Meeting Live at 1 p.m. Today - Huskers.com - Nebraska Athletics Official Web Site

I am amazed at how fast all of this is happening. Still no real idea if any of this will affect the SEC, but the scenarios sure are endless at this point.

10. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

That's definitely part of it, but wins = BCS games = money. Gotta win to bring in the cash year in and year out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.