Potential SEC Expansion Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

seems like the tx schools are a package deal. i think weve all heard about it, but i never knew the mechanism behind it. all the Tx schools are linked because of the texas mineral rights fund that the legislature will hold over the heads of any tx school wanting to leave the others behind. if you believe this guy.---

Orangebloods.com - A&M could throw off Big 12 six targeted by Pac-10

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

id go for that. but i dont see it happening. and the west would be an absolute meat grinder.

i agree on the geographical thing. this throws the whole argument of no playoffs because of time it would take away from athletes being students out the window. students from all sports are now gonna have to routinely take time away from classes for travel.

and while i know its not a factor, this is gonna be more difficult on the majority of parents who want to see their children play. greater travel costs for them.

1 person likes this.
  3. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

the aggies need envy like th ocean needs water. their whole school is built around UT envy. including their fight song. they mock the SEC b/c of envy. and now that they actually have a chance to come here, we see what they really think in accordance with grad's post.

this is better drama than anything i can think of at the moment. just after reports about the texas schools meeting and wanting to remain together in the Big XII (read: baylor getting their way)
    now OU might move.

honestly right now i'm starting to think the big 12 will stay together. try to annex arky from us and add another school and that might be it. add utah to follow colorado, keep the big twen the way it is right now with the addition of nebraska and that's probably it.

1 person likes this.
  4. LSUtiger327

they'd send auburn to the east before they send bama.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

That would address no imbalances, though.

6. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

what would be the need for balance? The west is harder than the East as it stands now.

7. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

From what I have read Florida doesnt want Florida St or Miami in the SEC east they know that would be a real grind for them. They rarely play any tough OOC teams so adding a Florida St or Miami would be ideal for their bs.
    And it seems to me OU is trying to be the odd man out and come to the SEC, I say we have our pick of an ACC team to balance it out with OU coming in.

8. LSUtiger327

although you're right about all time programs the problem is now that the SEC is really the big 6. AU, bama, LSU on one side; UF, tenn, Uga on the other.

you bring in OU and no one else to balance them off then you look at one division will always have 4 and one will have 3.

best case if they bring in someone like FSU or VT from the east. you could argue that one of those comes close to balancing OU at least in recent (last 20 yrs) history. you could also say the same of miami but i don't want miami in the SEC.

and i don't think UF would let either fla school in honestly. VT is a smart move though if the SEC doesn't mind window shopping another conf not on the verge of meltdown.

9. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I don't seem them moving either Bama or Auburn to the East without the other.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Why does it need to become even worse? Why should the east get easier and the west get even harder?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.