Potential SEC Expansion Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

That would be great for now. I do think however the push for conference growth will continue. It may only happen a team or 2 at a time, but I think we will still see these mega conferences that they have been referring to in time. Hopefully with the Big 10 now being the Big 10 + 2 and the Pac 10, which is now the Pac 11, and the Big 12 - 2, will all even out to 12 teams each and put together a CCG like some of the other conferences.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Exactly what I was thinking. This storm may have passed but it could very well be either the leading edge. Texas just power played both the big 12 and the pac 10 and found out how much power they have. Beebe pretty much sold his soul to the short horns in order to save his job and what is left of his conference and it worked... for now.

Tx knows they are the pretty girl at the end of the bar and everyone wants to dance. I think with them having this much power and knowledge (even if they are horns) there will be a lot of deals being kicked around while they are raking in the lions share of this new TV contract. I guess we will have to wait and see.

3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I think this is where the lil 12 TV money is promised. Folks ask where the money is coming from, well, getting tired of seeing the buffaloes playing the utes for pacific recruiting domination will wear stale ricki tic. I think the Pac 12 is positioned well for ACC type of success. Welcome to the new everyone else.

I think the new big 12 will get back to bickering no sooner then Baylor keeps not liking the big 3's lion share unless the big 12 puts a shed over the time commitment. Though the little guys are getting more than they are now, it will only be a matter of time before penis envy takes over.

I wonder who the AP is gonna wanna geaux top bed with now?

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Nah. They have worked out a TV deal worth 300 million per year. It's a partnership with the Little 10 Conference, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, & Comedy Central. :eek:

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

exactly. beebe should have been tap dancing this fast to keep his conference from being raidable (is that a word?) in the first place.

i cant help but wonder if those in the lil doz that got the short end of the straw may be a bit "disgruntled". if so, you are rigtht. it is just a matter of time.

but it is still funny.

6. LSUGradin99

7. dudley

dudley oops!

I think you're right. Local TV new just reported that Gene Stallings is now supporting A&M staying in the Big 12-2. He was pro-SEC. He is one of the most influential members of the A&M board of regents especial in sports.

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

and tv here just released a statement from ou that they will stay in the lil dozen.

9. LSUGradin99

Official comment from aTm president:

R Bowen Loftin Facebook Page

10. dudley

dudley oops!

OK, what to call the Big 12 now. I say Little 10

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.