Potential SEC Expansion Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

No, this only applies when you ignore the point I made that I think the Big 10 is probably satisfied with now having achieved 12 members. Hawk please don't quote just to make your point. The point of greed only applied if they went after 16 teams, and you know that. It's all good though, I respect you for defending your conference anyway you can.:thumb:

2. LEGACY TIGER

Now I would add to my stance that if all this maneuvering is to create 4 mega conferences that will end up in a playoff system, then I am all for it.

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Not me. More than four, then perhaps. Eight conferences with 14-16 teams each would be ok. That would cover all 119 div1 teams. Conference championship game for each conference. Eight team playoff.

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

but the big 10 and the pac whatever are the ones who fought the idea of a playoff system i thought?

or was it about get as much as we can first, then be ok with a playoff system?

5. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

The Balance may mean that first, you get your slide rule out. It's a little hard in this case to see how choosing between Auburn and Texas A&M would affect the balance of power.

The SEC schedule makers will figure it out once all 16 get here. They got it right last time.

6. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Rivalries are what also bind us by proxy to Florida every freakin year in the regular season. I seriously hope adding 2 schools gets each team a non-division rotation instead of permanent opponent.

7. LEGACY TIGER

I thought of that too, but thought maybe that would be too much. But even better create 8 mega conferences of 14-16 teams, each has a conference championship, and the winners set the table for the 8 team playoff. That works for me. Of course this is still along the lines of the greed factor I mentioned, but I see this as being equally as beneficial to the supporting fan bases.

8. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

I agree. If trying to putting your conference in the best position to make money is "greedy" than all the conferences are and should be "greedy"

9. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

This is exactly what I'm hopping comes out of all this.

10. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

what about other things? what about the reports that the pac whatever wants to be 16 teams, but not have a ccg. instead they want each division champion to get an automatic bcs berth? that is stacking the deck, and imo, asking to be treated special. other bcs conferences that have a ccg just get that one automatic berth.

as long as we have the current bcs system, there is no way in hell the pac whatever should get that kind of special treatment. and i go back to they opposed a playoff system in the past.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.