Potential SEC Expansion Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

They would add nothing, in terms of money. That would be like giving up 1/14 of the SEC income for nothing. If they bring in more teams, bringing money to the table matters. I think the most important question is... can the new team bring in enough new viewers to increase the TV revenues by at least the cost of letting that team split the SEC pot. TaM might be able to, as they would bring in TX viewers.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Only a fool isn't. We can compete with Bama and Auburn's money and recruiting, no problem. Texas is another matter completely and would change the character of the SEC West. With no school to add to the east to balance Texas, it would hurt the traditional SEC West powers chances of making it to the SECCG. meanwhile Florida and Georgia only add a team that they are likely already playing.

We are have been best conference in football without Texas. The SEC doesn't need them and LSU damn sure doesn't need them.

3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Just a hunch, but it looks like the Aggies are headed to the SEC.
    I hope Texas gets stuck in what's left of the Big 12.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Chip Brown from Orangebloods who has thrown about equal good info and bad info out there said that A&M turned down the PAC 10 today and a Big 12 AD confirmed it.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I haven't heard anything about the SEC extending an offer to anybody yet, in fact, Slive has consistently said that they have no immediate reason to make changes.

Additionally it is being reported that . . .

6. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

That's why I said it was a hunch.

7. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

The media spin is in full force this weekend red. Two sources have Slive visiting aTm yesterday. Is it so? Who knows? If so Slive wants him some Houston market but at the same time he is probably slobbering for the Dallas market. Lesser of the two with minimal damage and greater impact is Houston. Boy toys or not.

SEC commissioner reportedly meets with Texas A&M; Pac-10 meets with Oklahoma, Okla. State - Sporting News staff reports - College Football - Sporting News

Your link is a longhorn link. Texas is married to Oklahoma by virtue of inbreeding but what Texas and Oklahoma want the most is to stayed married, as gay as that sounds. Could be just a nut for the squirrel to let aTm geaux it's own way to prevent a divorce forced upon the Dallas market.

I believe there is more spin out there now, more than ever and more so to influence any takers to geaux their own way. Orangebloods being the biggest spinners for the bonghorns. Hell, there is the story bout the CEO for Fed Ex that has offered 10 mil a year to any BCS conference that will take Memphis. WTF is that? After this mess, who even knows if the BCS survives the stretch?

Shipping exec willing to pay millions to get Memphis into BCS conference - Sporting News staff reports - College Basketball - Sporting News

I think the media, ALL media right now is pretty worthless littered with nothing but speculation. Tuesday/ Wednesday will be the day all the pieces will start falling together.

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i could have sworn i saw that story somewhere but it was fedex offer if memphis was taken. and i was thinking fedex was headquartered in memphis.

the whole thing is a circus.

9. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

It certainly has! For anyone following closely, it's been very entertaining!

10. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

And there is more...

Orangebloods.com - New proposal to save Big 12 with 10 teams being considered by UT

This I would love to see. Landscape remains slightly changed with Nebraska having it's better days in the big 10 and Colorado looking to make an impact on the pac whatever? I say let Texas have it's market while the pacific scratches it's head. Big 12 lite will become ever more delusional. This IMO would be priceless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.