Potential SEC Expansion Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Yep, Gene Stallings is a MAN! The jury is still out on the Oklahoma State coach who is 40 years old and says he is a man though.:grin: Someone needs to ask him if he wants to join the SEC or the Pac 10 and only then will we find out.:yelwink2:

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

3. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

Hope you got that glass house well insured... :)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJP6KH3ZOo8[/media]

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

ya know, i actually mentioned that to a friend today when we were talking about this. i said that im pretty sure all the aggie gayness even tops our kissing fags. :hihi:

5. PGizle

PGizle Veteran Member

am i the only one who finds a 16 team conference ridiculous for college football , these huge conferences mean that you only get to play half your conference each year..... i think that's just ridiculous

1 person likes this.
  6. OkieTigerTK

some of us have been saying that. despite all the arguments for it, im not sold that is the way to go.

but its coming whether we want it or not.

7. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

I'm not crazy about it either.

But if Slive and company weren't looking out for the SEC's best interests in the coming implosion of several of these conferences I'd be even more p*ssed.

It's come down to $$$$, not traditions or rivalries.

And that's kinda sad.

8. OkieTigerTK

i agree with everything you said. i would like the sec to find a way to withstand this storm in the best way possible for the conference, which comes down to money, plus find a way to preserve some of those sec rivalries and traditions. i know we cant preserve them all, but if a balance could be found, that would be nice.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

What is really sad to me is that I feel as if this is all about football when it is going to affect EVERY sport....

1 person likes this.
  10. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

unfortunately i think tradition is about to become history... :hihi:

now, the SEC could do the right thing and buck this trend and keep our conference in tact. i must be the only person in favor of this. the SEC is perfect as is. if the season is going to get longer, i'd be in favor of playing more current SEC teams than adding even more teams. then what about other sports? basketball, baseball... i don't see how this could be a good thing. at all. even if we are forced to accept more teams into the SEC, i'd be more in favor of adding teams from the true southeast. aTm, UT, OU: all of those teams are in the southwest. Florida State, GT, VT maybe UNC or Louisville: those are a better fit. maybe even USM, but there is no way in hell mississippi gets three schools in the SEC. louisiana tech maybe? that'd be an extremely long shot (read, no way in hell,) but would be interesting.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.