Pot News Thread

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bengal B, Feb 28, 2018.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

the Oregon legislature created a bill that would make it illegal to fire someone who tested positive for THC,.. the bill died because of fear that the insurance rates for companies in Oregon would skyrocket

2. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Great news - Major League Baseball drops cannabis from its list of 'drugs of abuse'. Will treat it like alcohol. You won't hear much of that from the MSM or many Politicians - we all know the power of Big Pharma - the main reason Cannabis is still classified as a 'Schedule 1' drug - the most absurd thing in the known universe.

https://www.npr.org/2019/12/12/7875...na-adds-opioids-cocaine-to-drugs-of-abuse-lis

3. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

I have mixed emotions about MJ. Contrary to popular belief, it does not help you concentrate, and it is a real drag on ambition. We recently legalized Medical MJ, and when I drove by the outlet, the line of people waiting to get in looked pretty much like the folks you would expect to seeking it on the street.

On the contrary, It should not be illegal, .... but I don’t believe there should be any special rights afforded to it. If a company refuses to hire you or fires your ass for breaking their no use policy, it’s on the user not the company. My company prohibits carrying a firearm in company vehicles, and they don’t give a shit about your second amendment rights. It’s their vehicle, play by their rules or go find somewhere else to work.

4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

so people were getting prescribed medication

stereotype much?

Frogleg likes this.
  5. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

But should the company be able to fire you for having a gun in your home?

Frogleg likes this.
  6. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

You can't speak for everyone. I think for some it does help them focus - maybe thats because it reduces anxiety where their mind is swarming with different crap - dont know. People smoke it for many different reasons, various medical and maybe just to wind down and relax, have fun - their business.
    Do you see not being ambitious while you're high as an issue?

GiantDuckFan and CajunlostinCali like this.
  7. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Well ... back in my day, it was a situational kinda thing. Nothing worse than being stoned around a bunch of non users. I quit when I went to grad school. It just lost its luster.

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

not sure pot is addictive, and legalization does not lead to increased use. it leads to less crime and fewer folks in the legal system for no good reason, and cops wasting less time on bullshit

KyleK, Bengal B and Frogleg like this.
  9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

GiantDuckFan and Frogleg like this.
  10. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Bengal B and GiantDuckFan like this.