Pot News Thread

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bengal B, Feb 28, 2018.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

"A school-based survey shows nearly 1 in 11 U.S. students have used marijuana in electronic cigarettes, heightening health concerns about the new popularity of vaping among teens.

E-cigarettes typically contain nicotine, but many of the battery-powered devices can vaporize other substances, including marijuana. Results published Monday mean 2.1 million middle and high school students have used them to get high.

Vaping is generally considered less dangerous than smoking, because burning tobacco or marijuana generates chemicals that are harmful to lungs. But there is little research on e-cigarettes’ long-term effects, including whether they help smokers quit."

Slippery slope y'all.

2. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Well, let's see how it shakes out. Elon was almost daring him to sue. He may produce evidence against Unsworth. Elon might be ready to take him to the mat after Unsworth insulted him, telling Musk he could "stick his submarine where it hurts." Unsworth is at least guilty of being a dick.

I don't think he's a head case but may have too much on his plate. Who knows. Maybe he needs a strong Indica strain to relax with in the evenings. I recommend "Grape Ape".
    https://www.leafly.com/indica/grape-ape

Bengal B likes this.
  3. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Data showed marijuana legalization has resulted in a drop in teen drug use. You can find quite a few articles on it.
    http://norml.org/news/2018/08/23/california-teen-marijuana-use-declines-post-legalization
    There's probably quite a few reasons for it: it's lost it's forbidden fruit appeal, highly regulated and harder to get with strict laws on teen sales, who knows. It also results in reduced Opioid addiction and deaths. Reasons are obvious. And it helps with many, many medical conditions.
    The position that marijuana should remain a schedule 1 drug is absurd and immoral, imo. The most immoral thing in the US today. Recreational use is debatable, but of course i think it should be regulated like alcohol and Big Brother needs to get the phuck out my living room.
    William Randolph Hearst lives on today in many people's heads.

Bengal B likes this.
  4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

The data in that singular report is simply wrong. Prior to Jan 1, I never saw or smelled kids smoking dope. Today, they smoke in public, with no concerns. And they vape. I see kids coming out of school every day and half of them are pulling on their vape pen. Pot is ever-present no matter what you want to believe. I'm not discussing the use among adults. I don't care. But kids? No bueno.

5. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

I agree, it should be totally off limits to minors. Except for very specific medical uses, like they use it for seizure medication. Finding kids smoking cannabis in public, or smoking /vaping anything, should be at least as severe as alcohol. Like if you see a kid swigging a beer at school. (A lot of these vape pens are just tobacco i suspect?)

Regardless, all smoking (of anything), vaping, drinking alcohol should be illegal for minors and banned at schools with strict penalties. Random urine test in public & private schools for minors, testing for all narcotics? That's fairly cheap to do nowadays.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  6. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

There were parallel propositions on the Oregon ballot,.. the one that failed would have allowed the selling of THC infused alcohol,.. I'm glad we had the good sense to reject that. Our current law does allow for THC infused edibles,.. cookies and candies,.. that always seemed like trouble waiting to happen to me.

Vball, there are over 200 Oregon Marijuana stores licensed for home delivery. Order your pot then your pizza

Frogleg likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They should make an exception for brownies. I use to make them with a whole ounce. What would that cost now?

8. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Premium - about 160-200ish. But they have many incredible candies available, like Cheeba Chews (caramel and taffies).
    https://cheebachews.com/colorado-recreational-cheebachews/

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  9. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

No. Y'all can go smoke your brains out. It's not for me. It's not conducive to productivity and I'm not the type to sit still or veg out.
    Stereotypes are understood because, at their core, they are based in truth. Stoners is apropos.