Pot News Thread

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bengal B, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Little Jeff Sessions must be beating the walls in his office. jeff sessions.jpeg elon-musk-smoking-weed-on-joe-rogans-podcasttalk-show-on-thursday-night.jpeg

GiantDuckFan and Bengal B like this.
  2. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    Bengal B and Frogleg like this.
  3. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    kcal, Frogleg and Bengal B like this.
  4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Musk is one dumb idiot. He's been going off the rails lately and that didn't help. I don't understand why he got so butthurt over not being brought in to help in that cave rescue and then calls the one diver a pedo. Abandons the move to privatization. Stockholder must be pissed to see they lost funding from the Saudi's which is now going to Lucid.

I think he does more than smoke dope.

5. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Look, Musk is the real life Tony Stark, he's allowed to drink & smoke with Joe Rogan. The whole cave rescue thing was weird. He really tried to help and that guy called him out for seeking publicity. Seemed like that guy was worried that he might lose some of his limelight. He should have welcomed all ideas and money. Now, Musk calling him a "Pedo" seems weird and childish, but strangely, the guy hasn't sued, or has been tip-toeing around it....hmmm?
    The upcoming Tesla Roadster will do 0-60 in 1.9 secs, and 1/4 mile in 8.8 secs i believe. That's what i call "therapeutic acceleration". The "Performance/Turbo" option will have greater acceleration.

Bengal B likes this.
  6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

"Atlanta-based attorney L. Lin Wood, a prominent defamation lawyer, told CNN Wednesday that he is in the process of "finalizing the libel complaint" and expects to file it "in the next several days" in a Los Angeles federal court.

Wood is representing Vernon Unsworth, an experienced spelunker who helped save 12 boys and their soccer coach from a flooded cave in Thailand last month and who was the target of the unfounded claim by Musk that he's a "pedo."

Musk kicked up controversy again Tuesday when he wrote on Twitter that he thought it was "strange" he had not yet been sued by Unsworth. He also badgered a Twitter user about why his claim about Unsworth had not been investigated."

They didn't have time to evaluate ALL ideas and frankly, I think he was correct in saying that the submarine was nothing more than a PR stunt.

Musk's business decisions are very suspect. He's got a screw loose.

7. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

I think they're bluffing, trying to get a check. Some have made allegations that Unsworth was sleeping with a 12 yr old Thai girl. We'll see, but they sure are taking their time with filing the lawsuit.
    I don't think the Submarine was a stunt, i think it was a sincere attempt to help but certainly great PR as well for Musk. Publicly pissing on Musks' attempt to help was shitty, imo.

KyleK likes this.
  8. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...eals-shes-battling-cancer-for-third-time.html

In an interview with Australia’s “Sunday Night,” the “Grease” star revealed doctors found a tumor at the base of her spine last year. She added that she’s treating the cancer with modern medicine and natural remedies, including homegrown marijuana from her Santa Barbara, Calif., ranch.

Newton-John said she’s grateful to be living in California, where marijuana is legal.

"I'm very lucky I live in a state where [cannabis] is legal...My dream is that in Australia soon it will be available to all the cancer patients and people going through cancer or any kind of disease that causes pain.” she said.

What a pathetic and corrupt Big Brother government we have.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Maybe they are. IF he is innocent, and he's satisfied with a payoff prior to a lawsuit, then so what? Who are the "some" making allegations? If they know something, they should go to authorities with proof so he can be arrested and dealt with.

We just disagree. Musk is an egomaniac, much like Trump. IMO, the money and not the humanity, was the motivation.
    She might want to keep up with the laws in her home country.

"as of February 2016, advocates for medical marijuana can finally rejoice – the Narcotics Drugs Act of 1967 was amended to allow marijuana to be grown for medical and scientific purposes all over the country. The change in law categorizes marijuana in the same group as other medicinal drugs and allows patients to obtain medical marijuana from approved suppliers."

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

This is why Musk should put down the dope and start figuring out the company's financial strategy. While he's scrambling to build a submarine, Tesla is going down the shitter.

"$1.8 billion of Tesla bonds due in August 2025 plunged to a record low on Friday. The bonds traded for just 84 cents on the dollar, down from 98 cents a year ago. The yield, which moves opposite price, almost doubled over that span to 8.6%.

The action in the bond market signals mounting worry about the high-wire act at Tesla. Elon Musk is scrambling to ramp up Model 3 production fast enough to turn a profit — and use that money for looming debt payments.

"Tesla is in a cash pinch," Cowen & Co. analyst Jeffrey Osborne said in an interview. "The primary concern — above and beyond doing drugs and whatnot on podcasts — continues to be the ability of the company to generate cash."....
    Tesla loaded up on debt to speed the company's rapid rise in the auto world. That strategy paid off as Tesla built a huge lead in the electric car race, although that position is under assault from intense competition by rival manufacturers such as Mercedes-Benz and Ford.

More than $9 billion of Tesla's debt is scheduled to mature before 2025, including a total of $2.7 billion this year and next, according to a Goldman Sachs research report that called the company's balance sheet "concerning."

"Tesla is extremely leveraged. They have a gun to their heads dictated by the timing of the debt payments," said Cowen's Osborne, who has an "underperform" rating on the stock."