Post from next door regarding our coaching debacle

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Jan 9, 2018.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Hello, Tiger Fans. Allow me to shed some light

This post will hopefully shed some light on this entire situation.

I usually get restless on my flights and find myself browsing your boards when im not posting on 247.

The severe lack of information on this board is what convinced me to write this up for you all.

This is the timeline of the events that transpired.

Steven Ensminger was offered the OC position, and declined. Orgeron set his sights on Briles, and was shut down before he could get the words out of his mouth.

I know because I work alongside the men and women who donate thousands to this great University.

Gilbert was never interviewed. Gilbert was contacted and before anything, asked to bring his own staff in. Orgeron said no. And that was that for Gilbert.

I certainly have no idea where that Gilbert rumor stemmed from if not from this board. I caught wind as it made its way to 247. It was confusing.

Orgeron contacted Lane Kiffin with the approval of Alleva and offered him the same contract as Dave Aranda and was turned down, but not without Kiffin basically planting the briles idea into his head.

Briles would be the last attempt at an OC.

Ensminger accepted the position after being told that they were turned down by the other prospects (the prospects being Lane and Briles).

This process took quite awhile because Ensminger was on the fence about the position.

There is no "Its taking forever, its not Ensminger". Not even Ensminger wanted the OC to be Ensminger. He was in a sense taken advantage of.

The divide in this administration is catastrophically bad. It was awful during the Miles break up , but we have reached an entirely new level. Multiple rag tag loose cannons have been let go for false information leaks. Some of which are backed by the side that does not want Ensminger.

It is much too late for that. Ensminger will lead the offense , and Orgeron will have a hand in the running game. The passing game will not be handled by Orgeron.

Dave Aranda has a few intersting marks in his contract. He cannot entertain an SEC school until 2020. Period. He was given a HCIW tag as well (meaning he will be the first person evaluated and interviewed in the event Orgeron leaves). Orgeron is well aware and expects him to stay on staff.

Most of us up here dont expect Coach Orgeron to make it to 2019. Not with how the boosters are reacting. Much like you all. Defeated and depressed.

2. tirk

Looks about right to me

GiantDuckFan and kcal like this.
  3. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Scandalous.

4. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

Thanks tirk that about sums it up. I think most of us suspected division in the ranks causing the shitshow we keep seeing. Ed being involved in the run game does not give me the warm fuzzies ala Lesticles! I envision SE seeing a clear advantage in a pass play and being over ruled for a two yard run play. Smh!

Too many cooks in the kitchen!!!

stevescookin likes this.
  5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

@tirk Forgive my lack of insider knowledge, or maybe I just need another cup of coffee, but did you author the OP, or is it copied from another site?

6. tirk

I copied and pasted but it didn't carry over. I'll grab it.

7. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

To me, the real problem this elucidates is the shit show at the top allowing it all to happen, Alleva and FKing.

HalloweenRun, Winston1, KyleK and 4 others like this.
  8. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

This is exactly what I expected. No real coaching search and then anointing someone already in the program. Except this is even worse than the original O hire because this guy doesn't even want the job but is just trying to help out the school.

What fucking shit show this football program has become. About the only positive is Aranda is next in line, hopefully he is smart enough to not screw up the assistant coaching hires.

LSUpride123, Richdog and ParadiseiNC like this.
  9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Have to wonder what is going through Aranda's mind, though. If we strictly have a Coach O problem, and he's on a short leash, this could end up being nothing more than a speedbump. If the problem goes all the way into upper admin, does Aranda really think they'll leave him alone and let him coach when its his turn up?

10. tirk

TenthTiger

lsu-i-like and stevescookin like this.