Possibility of rigged election gaining legs.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Nov 9, 2004.

1. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

Hopefully this will answer your questions Rex. Keep digging. A couple of the article's highlights:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/politics/2002087790_voting11.html

The Ohio vote-fraud theory appears to stem from the curious ways of the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections. During even-numbered years, the county's canvassing board posts vote totals that include the results from congressional districts outside the county that spill over Cuyahoga's borders. The quirk made it look as if the county had 90,000 more votes than voters.

The Florida case is more nuanced than the Ohio voting battle. Numerous bloggers have noted that President Bush's vote totals in 47 Florida counties were larger — in some cases much larger — than the number of registered Republican voters in the same counties. A widely distributed piece on Consortiumnews.com said the results "are so statistically stunning that they border on the unbelievable."

The article's main numbers are correct. But the central premise — that there is something suspicious about Bush getting more votes than the number of registered Republicans in rural counties, which use paper ballots — may not be suspicious at all. It does not account for thousands of independents or for voters who do not list party affiliation. It is also common for Florida Democrats, particularly the "Dixiecrats" in the northern reaches of the state and the Panhandle, to vote for Republicans, a pattern repeated in much of the Deep South.

2. uscpuke

uscpuke Founding Member

The Internet is abuzz with speculation that there were so many voting irregularities this election that President Bush may not have won after all.

But the man who headed the Democrats' team of 3,600 attorneys, spread across the country to address irregularities, says, "that ain't the case." Kerry adviser Jack Corrigan (search), quoted by the Boston Globe, says, "No one would be more interested than me in finding out that we really won ... I get why people are frustrated, but [Republicans] did not steal this election. There were a few problems here and there in the election. But unlike 2000, there is no doubt that they actually got more votes than we did, and they got them in the states that mattered."

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I say let Rex and the extreme leftist idiots keep proclaiming that the election was rigged and Bush stole another election.
    That way they and the Democrats will NEVER figure out just what is wrong with their
    pathetic party and won't be able to fix it.

This way we are assured that the Republicans will have another president elected in 08
    and once again they can cry foul and talk about moving to Canada.

Until the Democrats can look at themselves first and find out how to fix their mistakes
    they won't have another savior for a long time unless they find someone like Elvis or
    Bill Clinton with losts of personality to sweep them off their feet.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

is it really about getting a republican in office or simply the best person? The only people it helps to be party affiliated are to those in office. We are the sheep if we adhere to that way of thinking.

5. Sourdoughman

You could be right but I haven't seen a democrat right for the job in a long
    time.

Its not like they are anywhere to be found the last 20 to 30 years with Bill Clinton being an exception but then again I really don't think he was a good
    president.
    Jimmy Carter? who?

His timing was perfect though, the computer revolution along with down sizing
    the military and ignoring terrorists saw to it that he payed off the debt. :thumb:

Not anything else he can claim too his legacy since Arafat betrayed him at the Oslo Peace accord.

6. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Name one Democratic President since Kennedy who wasn't from a Southern State...

I can tell you the answer, and it's what's in the middle of a Krispy Kreme...

The left is not "middle America". They thought that Clinton would allow them to "sneak the steering wheel back towards the left" with future candidates...With Kerry, they now know they've failed...

Watch the left veer right in the immediate future...Book it.

7. Sourdoughman

you hit the nail on the head.
    JFK would be more republican than democrat by todays standards.
    This is the reason Ronald Reagan moved from democrat to republican.

He didn't leave the party, the party left him! :thumb:

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

more election denying

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

this even sounds like how trump talks

trump voice: "massive, massive fraud, billions and billions stolen from us, bigly, excuse me, excuse me, massive fraud, HUUGE, the biggest fraud. the biggest most beautiful fraud

10. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Im tellin ya, you’ve never seen a fraud like this