Positives

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Kikicaca, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

While I dont like the way we won last night I do see some positives and improvements
    1. We are kicking off into the endzone now
    2. We are developing more recievers i.e. Drake, Sullivan and Stevens.
    3. Getting Brennan some reps
    4. Not so much razzle dazzle
    5. Cut way down on penalties
    6. Playing a lot of freshman
    7. LB play getting really good
    8. Only one turnover in 4 games

Negatives
    1. Punting sucks
    2. Chark made horrible decisions not fielding punts cost us 9 points.
    3. Would like to see more shotgun and quicker routes since our OL is too young and banged up.
    4. Need a wildcat package.

In general we are thin, young and banged up on both lines so hard to totally judge the coaching and QB play. Would like to know what we would look like with Herron back, Key in shape, Alexander back and Lawrence healthy and Shelvin eligible. Farrell and Thomas are not ready so no help from them yet. OL very thin and young and it shows.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    LSUpride123, LSU_4_LIFE, Pjoe and 2 others like this.
  2. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

The good: We won. And a lot fewer penalties

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  3. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

Agreed. We have a ways to go but we did show improvement in several important area. Most importantly way down on the penalties (that would likely be the same or more under miles ).

I agree that the offense play calling needs to be tweaked. Once we get some big uglies I think it will work but right now we need to work more out of the shotgun or roll Etling out of the pocket to give him time. If the o line can’t block you have to give him time some how. Also great to see Brennan in and running the show pretty good. He seems to have a quicker release which will also help with the thin o line issues down the road.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Where is @tirk and the Good, Bad & Ugly thread?

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

It was an ACC crew. Maybe they just didnt understand you are supposed to flag LSU every chance you get.

There were a couple plays where they let both QBs take late hits bordering on flagrant. Having said that, our D took some lame shots and got caught.

Rouxleaux likes this.
  6. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

VERY Thin and our O-Line is the Glaring issue with this team. Also, I still think something is up with Guice (besides limited holes to run through). I like Williams in the backfield right now over Guice.

Another positive I would add is the adjustments Etling made. He played far better as the game went on. Made better and quicker decisions with the football.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Much quicker release and much more of an upside. I really liked the immediate check down to Williams on that blitz play. Made a quick and great decision there.

Not sure if that INT was a bad throw, bad read or miscommunication with his WR. Although that damn near pick six was all on him and typical freshman mistake. That's a house call in SEC play.

Regardless, I'm Glad the kid got some relevant snaps and I think the coaches showed the fans that Danny is easily the better QB "right now". But we need to continue to prime Brennan. And he has to see the field to improve. I like our approach there.

If we want anyshot to win with this awful O-Line, adjustments to our play calling are a must. Nothing drastic, but shorter quicker passes. I also like having a more physical back and that seems to be Williams right now.

Finally, I really love the PA passes to one on one coverage. We have some receivers who will beat their man on 50/50 balls and go get them.

Rouxleaux and lsu-i-like like this.
  8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Did I mention good clock management as a positive? Been that way since O took over.

9. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

I read somewhere that Guice has a knee issue so maybe it got tweaked last nite.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  10. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

Okie doesn't know shit. Stay out of there.

Bengal B likes this.