Portland Mayor Election 2020

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Kikicaca, Jul 27, 2020.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I'll just say this. I like @GiantDuckFan and don't want to see him leave and while I agree with @Kikicaca politically, his rhetoric is repettive and over the top, but the name of this forum is Free Speech Alley. Whether you like, hate, agree, or disagree with what someone posts, they're supposed to have the freedom to do that here, or so I thought. If there are some that get pissed about what's posted or are too thin skinned to handle it, maybe FSA isn't the place for them. Doesn't mean they have to leave the whole board. Just take a break from FSA or if that's too broad, ignore the poster or thread that triggers them. Seems easy to me and no one has to leave.

APPTiger, LSUpride123 and shane0911 like this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Well said @fanatic

This entire thing is currently being discussed at the not so round table. Everyone chill

3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Have a pleasant day

4. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Can't we 'Ignore' members that we dislike? I'll say this, Oregon is light years ahead of Louisiana in cannabis legalization. It's absurd and immoral to have cannabis illegal in 2020. Big Pharma has a massive cock down Louisiana's throat, and Big Alcohol has the other one up the ass. Many people suffer needlessly and are denied a great medicinal option because of $$$$. (
    BTW, the "Gateway" propaganda was debunked a looong time ago - still used by some BigPharma politicians and believed by a gullible few).

@GiantDuckFan How will i contact you for additional tips and info when i eventually visit Oregon?

shane0911 likes this.
  5. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

He'll be back. Roughly around Tuesday

onceanlsufan and Winston1 like this.
  6. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Don't visit downtown Portland. Don't try to pump your own gas. Go the the coast and see the Haystack Rock that is pictured in the Goonies.

And bring a raincoat. You never know.

7. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Looks like a strikingly beautiful State - reviewing these attractions - https://www.planetware.com/tourist-attractions/oregon-usor.htm

One day we're gonna go poke around - would love to add fly fishing, hiking, etc...

onceanlsufan likes this.
  8. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Damn .... I go to the beach for a week, and come back to all of this soap opera! WTH?

I will say this, Free Speech is meant to air ideas and share perspectives, vent, and bitch about EVERYONE ELSE, .... not each other. The name calling that leads to this kinda crap really isn’t very free speech at all. If a member is not “free” to say what they want without being called a completely uncalled for name, then that speech wasn’t so free after all, now was it!

Now, y’all all kiss, hug, fist bump, whatever and get back to bitching about everyone else.

el005639 likes this.
  9. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

I went there last summer. Whitewater rafting, crater lake, horse back riding on the beach, and just some flat out gorgeous scenery, it’s a trip to remember. Peeps were nice as well, but then we didn’t go to Portland, but I hate cities (grew up in the Plano/Dallas and have no desire to go back). In fact, me being a Trump Supporter, it kinda blew my mind the number of Trump Flags I saw.

But, seriously, if Oregon ain’t on your bucket list, it needs to be.

Frogleg likes this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Never been there but my nephew has been several times. I think he wants to move there. He has a degree in horticulture and can't find a job here. He applied but didn't get a job with LSU's pot growing program