Porketta

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Bengal B, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Anybody ever eat porketta? About 5 years ago I was driving through a small town in Massachusetts. Don't remember the name of the town offhand but its the same town where Adrian Hernandez was living when he got arrested. Anyway I stopped for some reason at a small strip mall. I saw a small Italian deli and meat market and there were signs in the windows advertising what the had with the prices. One the signs said Porketta and had the price per pound. I had never heard of porketta so I went inside and asked. The owner gave me a couple of slices and it was delicious. I bought a couple of pounds and mostly ate it like it was but made a couple of sandwichs and its great like that too. I've never seen porketta anywhere else since then. Maybe there might be an Italian deli in New Orleans that has it.

Porchetta[porˈketta] is a savoury, fatty, and moist boneless pork roast of Italianculinary tradition. The body of the pig is gutted, deboned, arranged carefully with layers of stuffing, meat, fat, and skin, then rolled, spitted, and roasted, traditionally over wood. Porchetta is usually heavily salted in addition to being stuffed with garlic,rosemary, fennel, or other herbs, often wild. Porchetta has been selected by the Italian Ministero delle Politiche Agricole, Alimentari e Forestali as a prodotto agroalimentare tradizionale (“traditional agricultural-alimentary product”, one of a list of traditional Italian foods held to have cultural relevance).
    upload_2015-7-27_14-53-24.jpeg
    upload_2015-7-27_14-53-7.jpeg

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Not sure you can ever go wrong with a pork roast, that's right, fuck you allah!

My grandmother God rest her soul used to put one in a magnalite with some onions and peppers and just cook it down till it fell apart. Serve over rice with some white beans and life just didn't get much better.

red55 and TwistedTiger like this.
  3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I woke up with a porketta once. I think it was once.

Bengal B and shane0911 like this.
  4. shane0911

What, she slipped out before you woke up the other times?

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Did you meet her at closing time?

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

It's all a blur but I remember smelling pork rinds.

7. kcal

kcal Founding Member

if it were more than once you'd remember......trust me, you'd remember....

CajunlostinCali likes this.
  8. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I remember like It was yesterday

LSUTiga likes this.
  9. shane0911

no chitlins?

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Without the internet we would never know about shit like this. Saw another story about scientists developing bacon flavored seaweed.

'I just like pigs': Cops say nude man found drinking in barn

MILLERSVILLE, Pa. (AP) — Police have charged a man with trespassing, public drunkenness and indecent exposure after he was caught on a neighbor's Pennsylvania farm in the nude, drinking beer among pigs.

Police in Manor Township, Lancaster County, say 64-year-old Larry Henry told them, "I just like pigs" when they found him in the hog barn June 26 about 10:15 p.m.
    http://news.yahoo.com/just-pigs-cops-nude-man-found-drinking-barn-130740367.html