Poor Drew Brees

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by islstl, Nov 8, 2015.

1. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Maybe so...maybe so. It also probably doesn't help that Manning's Plantar Fascia happens to be located on his vagina.

Bengal B and islstl like this.
  2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

this would be correct

anybody guess that the HGH injections back in 2011 were probably in his forehead?

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

all the crazy hate has forced me to pull for manning. well i did since he had those surgeries.

4. islstl

Found someone who posted QB records for games in which their teams scored at least 21 points:

Brady........... 155-14 91.7 %
    Manning....... 160-39 80.4 %
    Brees............ 112-43 72.3 %

I only showed QBs of Brees' era to make an equal footing type comparison. The lack of support is stark, especially when considering Brees vs Brady. By the end of next season, Brees would project to roughly the same amount of games scoring at least 21 points after next season, but would be nearly 40 victories short of Ole Tom.

KyleK likes this.
  5. ehusson80

When I evaluate Brees vs. Manning and Brady and Rodgers...the other elite QBs in this era, I look past the w-l record a little bit. Too many other factors to account for when evaluating the individual. Taking off my black and gold glasses, the only reason I put Brees behind Brady on the all-time list is INTs. TDs are neck and neck, Brees has more yards, but Brady is just a little more careful with the ball. Probably why his yardage is lower. Brady will just sit down when a sack is headed his way. Brees has been much more likely to fight to the bitter end and put the ball in harms way. Brees also tries to fit the ball in tight spaces and get a bit impatient and force things more than Brady. Some of that or a lot of that may also be bc Brees hasn't had the defense to back him like Brady and the others have, outside of 2009 and 2013, so he has needed to take more chances. Really, if Brees and Brady switched teams, I firmly believer the opposite would be true. I actually think the gap would be wider if Brees had played with the Pats and Brady with the Saints teams over their careers. You see, I still can't really get them black and gold glasses off...oh well, WHO DAT!!

6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

This sounds spot on to me.

7. islstl

spot on evaluation

Brees feels compelled to carry the team on his back, while Brady knows he can fight to live another down. Thus the interception ratio is quite different.

Also, had Payton ever really bought into being a bit more balanced and had Brees' attempt totals lowered from 41-42 down to about 37-38, that would have made a big difference in the amount of interceptions thrown (and interception percentage). You look at someone like Rodgers who only attempts about 32 passes a game (almost 10 fewer than Brees). Teams simply can't always be in nickel and dime back defenses, like they do against the Saints. It's really amazing to see Brees' success given his lack of support and the fact that they try very little to hide the fact that they are going to throw the ball. No one lines up in the shotgun with an empty backfield more than Drew Brees. At the back end of that 2011 season, it was really fun to watch Drew carve up defenses even when they knew a pass was coming.

8. islstl

key dropped passes today, fumbled at the 1 yard line (should have been overturned however), and Saints somehow still find a way to win

shitty fucking support cast for Brees continues

Bengal B likes this.
  9. ehusson80

4,870 yds 32TDs and 11Ints in 15 games. Would've been his 5th 5000 yd season. Missed 5000 yds last year by 48yds. 1 missed game and 48yds from 6 5000yd seasons. No one has done it twice I believe. Just give the man an avg. defense and running game....

ParadiseiNC and Winston1 like this.
  10. islstl

Looks to be the passing yardage leader yet again, although Rivers is only 112 yards from catching Brees with 10 minutes to go in that game. It would be the 6th time Brees has led the NFL in passing yards in the past 10 years.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016