Police Officers being Assaulted

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Kal-El012, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Not sure if anyone posted anything on this but was curious about your thoughts.

A few weeks ago a Houma police officer was called to a disturbance in East Houma where water was thrown on him by multiple people as he was leaving the scene. There was a video which surfaced showing the officer walking away, putting his hands in the air, and showing restraint by not escalating the situation. He was even struck with some kind of container which was being used to hold the water being thrown on him. This morning I see on yahoo that the same thing happened in New York.

When I saw this, it made we wonder if this was somehow organized. If there will be an outbreak of this happening in cities across the country and what that will mean in the future. If organized what kind of statement does this portray to the people social injustice spokespeople are trying to reach? Do they honestly think this will help or that this is the answer to the issue? If none of these spokespeople stand up and speak out against this behavior does it not show what their true intentions are?

I have to admit when seeing this I was angered by not sympathetic towards the people doing this to police officers.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  2. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Organized? More like copycats, I think. I find it alarming. Sooner or later someone's going to go after an officer with a lesser quality of restraint than these guys, and that's when the feces is really going to hit the fan.

I find myself getting more and more concerned about the path the left is taking. Meaningful, reasonable debate is becoming impossible. You agree or you are labelled a fascist, racist or a nazi. When retaliation comes its going to be very, very ugly. I'm really starting to believe American Civil War II is becoming inevitable.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Two Gretna cops were fired yesterday. One for posting on Facebook that AOC should be shot. OK, I can see how that could cost you your job but the other cop was fired simply for liking his buddy's post.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  5. mctiger

And the real irony of this story, at least according to WWL, is that the AOC quote is not true; it was the work of a troll.

Bengal B likes this.
  6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Yeah its coming mc. Ccw woulda been great.

7. mctiger

HOLY CRAP!! Is that in DC?