Police officer explains why he killed bride-to-be Justine Damond

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bayou Tiger, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

An innocent woman being shit and killed is a sad thing but, given the circumstances, he should be justified. Not saying it's easy to understand how his first inclination was to fire but I can see how he could have feared for his life, possibly. Responding to a disturbance call in an alley, at night...
    The woman should've stayed in her home and let the cops, cop.

What I do find funny is that I assumed the officer was white and only learned, this morning, he wasn't.

[​IMG]

https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-officer-explains-killed-bride-justine-damond-100009978.html

2. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I'm sure BLM will be along any minute now to protest.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  3. Bayou Tiger

Shew, the press is not even putting race of officer in their title.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

They would if he'd been white. They will also not put in the headline that he is Somali immigrant. Here's a family pic....
    [​IMG]

He has a reputation for being hot-tempered and disrespectful to women, minorities, and kids. He and his partner had their body cameras turned off. He has refused to be interviewed about the incident. So far, I'm not believing the story his attorney is selling about a loud band and then a shadowy figure running at the cop car. Although, I do agree that the victim should not have been outside. She did her job by calling 911.....stay inside and let the cops handle it.

What I'm finding ironic and annoying is that the Aussies are screaming all sorts of shit about how this is what's wrong with the US and how it wouldn't happen there. Well yeah, because you can't go and work there unless you can prove that your job is unique and that no Aussie could do it....they don't want a foreigner to work when a native isn't. The victim here is a motivational speaker, meditation teacher and healer. No American would be allowed to move and do that job in Australia.

They also complained that it's because our police are armed while theirs aren't. Is it even in the realm of intelligent comparison when they have a population of 24M and the US has 326M? When you then consider the density, we're talking just 3 people psk compared to 35. When you get that many people that close together, shit happens. I'm waiting for all the greatness to come out of Australia, all the biomedical research, technology enhancements, etc.....something other than really ugly Olympic uniforms and great beaches.

Bayou Tiger likes this.
  5. Bayou Tiger

That's what I was saying.

Dang, that is no good.

Definitley raises questions that I would love to hear answered.

He's doing what is, without question, the correct thing. It's what good instructors teach in conceal carry classes. Even in a shooting that SHOULD be deemed "justified", any given person could incriminate themself. There's nothing he could say that would change how those close to her feel. Let the lawyers do their jobs.

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Well he did release a statement extending sympathy for the victim and her family and even that is rare so I like that. But I think he's even refused to talk to his supervisors. Wouldn't ANY employee of ANY company involved in an incident be required to say what happened? The more time that passes, the less likely he is to remember accurately or at least it gives the perception that he is crafting a story.

7. Bayou Tiger

Any time someone shoots a perp in self defense, there is always a chance they will be on trial for murder. I likes my freedom so I don't care what vball or John Q. Public likes.

We don't forfeit our right to remain silent just cause we were put in a situation in which we feel the need the need to use lethal force. I’m not even calling 911. Let someone else talk into that police recorder that will be made public and played at my trial, if there is one

On the time lapse/memory, you're assuming he's telling no one. His attorney is helping with and going over his account of the incident. Before social media, we used to try these thing in court and not public opinion. We desparately need to get back to that.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

. Correct on all points.

Bayou Tiger likes this.
  9. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

bingo

10. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

No. I'd be willing to bet their department GOG or SOP tells the officer and supervisors not to discuss shootings. I think that's standard. He'll probably be interviewed by an internal affairs detective to see if he went by protocol.