Please Help LSU Legend Johnny Robinson

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Johnny Robinson 4 HoF, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Johnny Robinson 4 HoF

Johnny Robinson 4 HoF Freshman

Hello All. My name is Todd Tobias, and I am a longtime American Football League historian. I am working on a campaign supporting LSU legend and Chiefs' safety, Johnny Robinson, for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Along those lines, I have set a petition on my website, and am actively collecting online "signatures." I did a podcast interview recently with two members of the Pro Football Hall of Fame Senior Committee, and they will be accepting the signatures from me at the end of July, and presenting them at their next voting session. I am posting to as many LSU and Chiefs communities as I can find and asking for help by signing the petition, putting it on your site(s) and sharing on social media. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Let's get this Tigers legend (and wonderful gentleman) the honor that he so richly deserves - induction into the Hall of Fame! Thank you for your time and consideration.

JOHNNY ROBINSON PETITION

Attached Files:

GregLSU likes this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

State your case. I mean I could sign it because he went to LSU but he is before my time. Any stories, stats, anything?

3. Johnny Robinson 4 HoF

Johnny Robinson 4 HoF Freshman

My apologies. I have this stuff on the petition page, but here is some info, as well as some quotes about Robinson that I got from other former players...

A legendary safety for the Dallas Texans and Kansas City Chiefs from 1960-1971, Robinson is an AFL legend. His career highlights include:

• First-round draft choice of the Dallas Texans in 1960
    • One of just 20 men to play all 10 years of AFL
    • Six-time AFL All-Star (1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968)
    • Six-time First-Team All-AFL/All-Pro selection (1965, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970)
    • Defensive leader on the AFL Champions Texans & Chiefs of 1962, 1966 & 1969
    • Super Bowl IV Champion
    • Member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame All-Time AFL First Team
    • Member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame Team of the Decade – 1960s
    • Member of the Kansas City Chiefs All-Time Team, the Kansas City Chiefs Hall of Fame, the Louisiana Sports Hall of Fame, the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame, and the LSU Hall of Fame.
    If awards and statistics are not enough to convince you of Johnny Robinson’s hall of fame worthiness, consider the following comments from his head coach, teammates and opponents.

Simply put, Johnny Robinson is one of the greatest safeties that I ever faced. In fact, I can’t think of any that I’ve seen in the 50 years since that have been better. When we ran cross patterns against Kansas City, I knew that I was going to get hit hard. I had to prepare myself specifically for him, both mentally and physically. Johnny Robinson absolutely deserves to be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. – Lance Alworth, Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 1978 & Member of the AFL All-Time Team

Johnny Robinson was a fantastic safety, and really controlled the great Chiefs defense of the 1960s. In fact, the Kansas City Chiefs would not have been the Kansas City Chiefs without him. I have absolutely no reservations about saying that Johnny Robinson deserves induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. – Clem Daniels, AFL Career Rushing Leader & Member of the AFL All-Time Team

I would play with Johnny Robinson any day, and put him up against anybody. I put him at the top as a safety. Playing with Johnny was like having a coach on the field. It was great to play with a guy who was such a student of the game. Johnny Robinson should have been put in the hall of fame a long time ago. – Bobby Bell, Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 1983 & Member of the AFL All-Time Team

Johnny brought class and leadership to the free safety position. He was calm and disciplined and always prepared, rarely out of position. Without fanfare he defined the position. – Tom Flores, 10-Year AFL Player & Two-Time Super Bowl-Winning Head Coach

Johnny Robinson is one of the best to ever play the game, and is long overdue for induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. He was a great and honorable player, and I never had to worry about taking a cheap shot from him. It was my honor to play against Johnny Robinson, and I would surely cast my vote for him. – Don Maynard, Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 1987 & Member of the AFL All-Time Team

4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I saw Johnny play at LSU and most of his career with the Chiefs. It's a shame he's not in the HOF. He damn sure is worthy.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. LaSalleAve

Jesus how is this guy not already in canton.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

How is Roger Maris not in Cooperstown?

GregLSU likes this.
  7. LaSalleAve

He isn’t?

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

No.

9. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ