Playoff Rankings

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Oct 27, 2018.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

That is hilarious. No, really. The only threat USC can muster right now is to themselves. We r suck.

3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I think @tirk is right, Syracuse could catch them looking.

Everyone seems to think we need to beat Bama this week, and even though that is unlikely, seem to look at it as a season breaker.

What if.... we lose to Bama, but win out? I would argue we then want Bama and Clemson to win out.

If we lose to Bama, I would predict we only drop a few spots, then edge our way back up with wins over A&M, Arky, and our rent-a-win. Over a 3 week period, we likely nudge our way to 5-8. Then, Bama, #1 crushes #4 UGA in SECCG. UGAs only prior loss was to us, and they made their way back up, but now lose late, and drop beyond us. Also, ND loses late in season to Syracuse and drop to #8, while we’ve been winning and heading back up. Now, Alabama is undefeated, #1, Clemson is undefeated, #2, and ND has lost late and dropped. Who is #s 3&4? Not UGA, and likely not ND, unless the loss was last minute. Also, along the way, Texas, a current pretender, lost its 2nd and 3rd game, and Oklahoma got beat again. OSU may be there as a third team late in the season, but LSU can definitely still be in the hunt in DEC even having lost to Alabama. If we lose to them, then we want Bama and Clemson to win out.

I want us to win, and hope we do, but offer this as food for thought if we don’t.

lsu-i-like and Bengal B like this.
  4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

We'd be the first two loss team taken if it comes to that. If we are competitive vs bama, that is.

But yeah a lot of things would have to happen. Not sure about the 1 loss Notre Dame situation. If we lost 20-17 to Alabama and trashed A&M, then yeah I could see us getting picked over a 1 loss Irish.

All the more reason we need A&M to run the table and be in the top 10.

Every other power 5 champ would have to have 2 losses (excluding Clemson and Bama). That's actually somewhat likely. But then if that happens, both LSU and a 1 loss Irish would both be in. They'd put us 3rd to avoid playing bama initially.

Should have never lost that Florida game. That sack fumble up 7-0. Sigh.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    furduknfish and ParadiseiNC like this.
  5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Well, I thought Texas May go down to OSU, and, right now, that’s a real possibility. They won’t be a contender. A 2 loss team may get in this year, if the cards fall right. And, I’ve got a feelin’, yeah, yeah.... I’ve got a feelin’....

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

7. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

Nutter Dumb will get in over a 2 loss LSU. Media loves them more than Hildebeast Clinton.

furduknfish likes this.
  8. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Imho...If your not a conference champ you have no business playing for national championship. That's true for all teams.

didit and ParadiseiNC like this.
  9. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

ya got em at home, over a month away, and who knows? by then, Lane Kiffen could be your coach.

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I do. We cannot get out of our own way. There was more dick-stepping on that field yesterday than on a farm with lustful bovines.

I don't think Lynn Swann nor our interim President, Dr Wanda Austin, has the cajones to fire Helton before the end of the season.

GiantDuckFan likes this.