Playoff Projections

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Nov 27, 2022.

1. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I think regardless of what happens Saturday, Georgia is in, period! I also think Michigan is in, unless they lose their championship game by 60! When you manhandle a team like Ohio State on its own field, that speaks loudly to the entire country. I don't Alabama is making it in front of Ohio State, simply because Alabama has twice as many losses and they could easily be 8-4, instead of 10-2. If you look at the whole picture, Alabama is simply not the juggernaut they have been in the past.

Winston1 likes this.
  2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I don't see a path for Bama to get in other than a rash of upsets Saturday. As @CagedTiger said, UGA is already in, and Michigan only misses out with an ugly loss. TCU and USC are win and in. If either loses, Ohio State re-enters the conversation. TCU and USC would both have to lose ugly for Bama to even get into the discussion.

3. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

I just can’t see a 1-loss TCU getting in over BAMA. I mean, I can, because it is BAMA and Nick, but it clearly shouldn’t be. TCU went through their Big-12 schedule undefeated. There essentially is no reason for this CCG. A 1-loss TCU that plays in their CCG and loses should not suffer the penalty of being replaced by a 2-loss BAMA who didn’t win their division, didn’t play in their CCG, and gets rewarded by sitting at home with their 2-losses. Yeah, I know we have kinda seen this shit before, but it defies logic. I see the top 3 being locked in (UGA, UM, TCU) no matter what happens Saturday (I don’t see 50 point losses by any of them). I think the playoff is coming down to 4/5 USC/tOSU. All USC has to do is win and they are in. If they lose, its tOSU. So, your CFP field will likely be in this order:
    1. UGA
    2. UM
    3. TCU
    4. USC (alt tOSU if USC shits the bed).

If there are losses in the top 3, the order could change, but I am sticking with them as in.

TCUTiger likes this.
  4. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

To me, it defeats the purpose of the playoff. If you’re going to allow the 3rd place team within a division, just off of name alone, why even have a rankings system and a playoff system? I know that strength of schedule is important, but you don’t get to not win and go to the big game. If we’d beaten A&M and then beaten UGA in the conference championship, we’d be lucky to overtake a 0 loss or 1 loss team. But that’s by winning the conference, not by placing 3rd

StaceyO and LSUTiga like this.
  5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Conference champions don’t get an auto bid, and shouldn’t in a 4 team playoff. In an 8-12 team, yes (with limits like top 10/25/etc).

6. BAY0U BENGAL

I get that, but NOT being conference champions, and being not even second place in said conference, shouldn’t get a participation trophy, either.

StaceyO and Winston1 like this.
  7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Gotta look at whole resume, not just conference.

8. BAY0U BENGAL

So is that play-by-play?

9. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Does USC losing let Ohio St back in?