Playoff Predictions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by P&G_wheelz007, Nov 19, 2017.

1. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

I'm looking at the remaining games to be played, and wanted to take a WAG at what I hope/think will be the Final Four:

1,) Miami- 12-0. They beat Clemson in the ACC title game
    2.) Oklahoma- 12-1. They'll beat West Virginia and TCU in the Big 12 title game
    3.) Wisconsin - 13-0. NO, I'm not sure they're one of the Top 4 teams, and I'm not sure they'll beat Ohio St in the Big 10 title game, but in order for my scenario to work, they have to.
    4.) Auburn 11-2. Yes. I hope they beat Bama and then if they do, they'll probably beat Georgia again.

This is the scenario where Bama misses the playoffs, which is what I hope happens.

Miami beats Auburn
    Oklahoma drums Wisconsin

Oklahoma beats Miami to win the National Championship.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  2. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Long as the gumps miss out, no prob.

3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Clemson probably beats Miami.
    Ohio St probably beats Wisconsin.
    Alabama probably beats Auburn.
    Oklahoma probably wins B12.

Auburn is already on our level, so if they make a playoff before us that kinda sucks, but Bama down a peg and both Bama and AU fighting over Alabamy doesn’t hurt. Us beating a decentralized duo of Bama and AU also helps, and more strong teams helps the west and the SEC. This seems like the year Mullen gets a big time shot, and he’ll probably succeed. If he goes to FU that would be sick and make our schedule tougher (which would boost us even more if we succeed). Hope the SEC takes a step forward, and we beat A&M and make a nice bowl. If Eaux can get this thing humming, sky’s the limit.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  4. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Anybody but Alabama.

furduknfish and ParadiseiNC like this.
  5. kcal

kcal Founding Member

if not for troy...

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If Clemson beats Miami in a close game for the ACC title I could see the committee selecting both of them. If the Canes win Clemson is out. I don't see Wisconsin beating Ohio State. Alabama, Oklahoma and either Clemson or Miami or both. If Clemson is out Georgia could get in by beating the gumps.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I think the U is a little overrated (and ND is even more overrated). I don’t think UGA is beating Bama or AU. Clemson and OH ShiTe are Bama-esque, but Wisconsin might be able to pull an upset (less faith in Meyer than Debo).

All I really care about is Eaux winning out, recruiting strong, and making us contenders again. Saban is the standard bear and we aren’t that far off.

I’m also pulling for Mullen to go to UF and then Eaux leading us to the best season in history by beating a strong the U, AU, and Bama. Hopefully Arky upgrades, MooU can make a solid replacement, and Smart is good enough to keep UGA as fool’s gold.

Ole Miss can rot in hell.

8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

1 loss Alabama will get in before 0 loss Wisconsin and 1 loss OU in my opinion.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

What about a 2 loss Auburn if they beat Bama and Georgia?