Place your bets .......

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Don Castavez, Oct 17, 2021.

1. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Not so much caring about the Big Ten as much as it is watching two shortlisted candidates square off against each other, regardless of what conference they're currently coaching in.

The new coach has to come from somewhere.

The only guarantee, is that no matter who it ends up being, someone will find something to be upset about.

2. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

What you're saying unfortunately makes sense but that’s not much choice . We sure as fuck didn’t need Mr ‘Swings for the Fences’ to land two inexperienced head coaches . You and me coulda landed those two to walk here .
    Fickell will bolt to Happy Valley if Franklin heads to La La land .

3. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

I can complain the light switch don’t work OR I can stick my finger in a live socket . The Woodman is about to do the latter .

4. kluke

kluke Founding Member

With respect to Mr 'Swing for the fence' bringing a big name, I seem to remember a very recent HC promising a former Alabama OC was coming here. Shit happens.
    I think we've got all the swing for the fence type candidates on the list (collage) . In the PAC only Cristobal qualifies IMO; in the Big 12 we've got Aranda and Riley nobody else qualifies or is going to leave their current gig IMO; Big 10 there's Tucker and then Price and Harbaugh who aren't leaving their gig; ACC - Dabo's not leaving Clemson unless Bama opens up; SEC we know all about. I don't want an NFL coach unless they have proven college experience.

So I may be wrong but I think we know the choices, they are right in front of us. For some reason Christbal seems to have dropped from the conversation - I don't know why. I would OK with him. Of all the other names up above I think only Aranda, Tucker, Kiffin, and Jimbo are real possibilities. Add in Fickell and Napier and that's the pick list as I see it. But I'm prepared to be surprised.

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I posted this in another thread. Not saying it means Tucker is our best bet - I really don't know. This guy is just making the argument that there is some substance to the guy; he's more than just a politically correct choice. I'd be disappointed to find out he's 5th or 6th on SW's list, and we have to "settle" for him. But if SW thinks he's top tier and the right guy to get us going in the right direction again, well, I'll trust his judgement.

Hou-duco likes this.
  6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

My only concern is he's hired strictly because he's a minority. His resume looks great right now but I want to see how he does against Mich, Ohio State and Penn State. We hired Saban because he beat those team let's see what happens. I am thinking Tucker is the guy but SW kept O on so he can see Tuckers finish. He wants sure he doesn't make a mistake hiring Tucker I believe. Hell Aranda is who I want is Latino. Franklin is a minority too.

I just want a hire based on the best we can get not color. If Tucker is the best fine with me.

Don Castavez and mctiger like this.
  7. LSU_4_LIFE

The more and more I’m hearing, it’s not Tucker. But who the hell knows. I’m hearing in no particular order (don’t shoot the messenger) these are his top targets:

Jimbo
    Fickell
    Riley
    Franklin

ETA: Supposedly one of them is VERY interested and in fact, had his agent actually reach out to Woodward (not the other way around).

Could be a bunch of BS. We will know in about 7 weeks

8. kluke

kluke Founding Member

If that's true it wouldn't be Jimbo. He doesn't need to talk through an agent. :)

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  9. LSU_4_LIFE

Touché

10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Please don’t let it be Jimbo

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.