Place your bets .......

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Don Castavez, Oct 17, 2021.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

:(

tirk likes this.
  2. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

I don’t want to do the right pieces again. I want a coach who can lead and is experienced not just depending on great coordinators. Saban goes thru them yearly and still has a consistent program, that’s what I want.

3. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

The most successfull leaders AKA Coaches know to hire the best coaches and recruiters. Expect them to work their asses off. Set the expectations and expect nothing but success. Demand it with attention to detail. Preparation. . Be someone that has integrity and no tolerance for failure.
    It also wouldnt hurt to have the SEC officials in your back pocket so include moving the sec office to Baton Rouge in the next coaching hire.

4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

If that's the criteria and I agree best we get Aranda or Napier. I would be happy with either. Both are focused hard workers no nonsense winning coaches. Both are fairly young too. Both also know Louisiana and the SEC. Beyond that Fickell or Franklin.

5. CaryLab

CaryLab Founding Member

I don’t think you can offer Napier the job. Huge difference between Sunbelt and SEC. I think he’s a good coach just needs to cut his teeth at a bigger school first. See Justin Fuente

Don Castavez likes this.
  6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

if it’s Napier, it means Woodward swung and missed 3 or 4 times…

Don Castavez likes this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Meh, you can either play football or you can't and likewise you can either coach or you can't. We can debate the swing and miss theory but if he cuts his teeth at another school we miss. Could be a diamond in the rough.

Id take Napier over Fisher right now. Id take him over Tucker right now and Id take him over Franklin right now.

If he is the guy then lock him up.

Hou-duco likes this.
  8. CaryLab

CaryLab Founding Member

I’d definitely take him over Fisher but I don’t know about Tucker and Franklin yet. Neither are at the top of my list though.

9. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

I could live with Franklin tho I think he’s a bit of balloon juice — mostly sizzle no steak , little above being able to get down and gritty in Sec fray . Fickell apparently not the least bit interested — I hear nothing about him in rumor mills .Tucker aint ready for this bright a spotlight .
    If he’s chosen then the criteria was not best man available .
    I’m hearing new prez is going to be very involved. This can’t be good.
    Do we get fucked by executive branch again?

shane0911 likes this.
  10. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I have hard time believing Woodward will let Tate persuade him. This is the day Scott Woodward has been waiting for. This hire will define him.

Besides, everywhere Tate has been previously when there was a Football HC vacancy, he didn’t push for or hire a minority HC.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021